Using Ebay - your best success

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tandy

Reaction score

[:)] Hi everybody. I think you will agree with me that regardless of all its successes and faults, Ebay is "there". Whether you use it or not, it is still there. So I thought up this question: -

If you are an Ebayer, as I am, what have you "won" that to you is super special?

Is it a bottle, or is it something else that you collect?

Our local Antique Bottle Club have an annual show each year, and I have been using Ebay to build up my stock of "swap & sell". Maybe the description is a little false, because we do not do very much swapping at all, only selling.

Anyway, I noticed 8 small six sided cobalt blue jars, three embossed J. Hulle, Strychnine, and the other five the same general shape. I "won" this auction, and although I have only been "Ebaying" for about a year now, so far this is the best I have done in bottles.

I also collect postcards for resale, and I was lucky enough to "win" 12 of the U. S. White Fleet visit to Melbourne in 1908, which I am rather pleased about.

All the best from Oz!

ashott

Reaction score
Tandy i definatley have to agree.....I won a lot of 16 bottles some worth money and some not worth much for .99 off of Ebay. I was pretty proud of them. I think it is a great source and also like you said for alot of other things that are collectable.
-ashley

idigjars

Reaction score
Hi Tandy! [:)] I also collect old postcards and that was probably my favorite "win" on ebay. I have sold also and it's always fun to watch the action. Take care! [:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem