Value of Pepsi Straight Side short bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
Anyone know the value of the Pepsi Straight Side short bottles with the script on the side towards the bottom? What's the time period those were made? Thanks.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
There is no one standard value for them. It would depend on city of origin and condition. Pics also help people here to determine value.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I figured all Pepsi bottles had straight sides at least. Isn't there a book about Pepsi collectables? I'm not a Pepsi Collector but I would think so. You should look into that. Not being one, to me it sounds like an NDNR which may help put an age to it. Picture, description or better yet a combination sounds like a plan too.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I had the impression this was the style referenced, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• 09f1bc54dbc94f37be2afba0d2ede77f.jpg
    09f1bc54dbc94f37be2afba0d2ede77f.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 60

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
Yes, like that one. They're shorter and wider than the standard straight side bottles. I know the standard ones go for $30 and up, but wasn't sure if the shorter ones were worth the same. Specifically a Birmingham, AL bottle. Thanks to everyone for helping.

LC

Reaction score
Back in the early eighties , I sold several different cities of them at sixty five each , all had stain , don't remember what the cities were . Of course with eBay now there seems to be plenty floating around , maybe the prices have dropped on them because of this .I sold the ones I had at a large flea-market at that time . Back then in my area there were a lot of collectors in my area that would pay good money for the early bottles . Never did figure out the age of them , surely has to be that info out there somewhere . I think I still have one of the short ones in the garage somewhere . Just sold one of what I call the pinch bottle variety for fifty bucks . I gave that for it a good many years ago myself as I liked the early Pepsi memorabilia myself and collected it for several years . I think I probably could have got more than for it if I had asked a bit more for it , it was a clean one .

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
I'd love to find a peanut/pinch pepsi bottle in mint condition. I'm trying to buy each style of pepsi bottle for my collection. The only problem is I want near mint to mint bottles. So far in the first year collecting, I have:
Suffolk straight side
Fayetteville straight side (double script)
RW&B acl 2 full glasses (Rare)
Fountain syrup bottle (Flat river, Mo)
(10) RW&B acl bottles (Norwich, NY)
R&W single dot acl

I also picked up a couple carriers, bottle caps, and openers.

jblaylock

Reaction score
According to Ayers. the Birmingham is 1908-1910. 8in, dark Aqua (also an amber version). It has a rarity of 1 (least rare) and a value of roughly $50-60.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4