value

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rooster

Reaction score
sorry i cant supply a photo but i have not got a dig camera yet, my young brother ( 15) reasently found a very nice bottle whilst we were digging a local site . you can imagine his joy (as a new colector) when he pulled out a beautyful pistol shaped snip top , plus my reaction added to his exitment . when we got home he very carfully cleaned the bottle and sat it carefully down on a towl , then with his gold fish memory he grabbed the towl to dry his hands and down onto the tiled floor went the bottle . i dont think he even found all the bits . Anyway ive never seen him so heartbroken and upset . My question is how much would it cost to replace it ?
the bottle was about 4" long , i think they contained sherbert , it had no paterning on it and looked victorian .
thanks kev

rooster

Reaction score
thanks rich for your reply
your bottle looks modernish maybe an avon , but it is nice . the bottle in question is smaller , less detail , aqua and victorian .

fsperry

Reaction score
Hey Kev,

Look on page 10 in the "What is it after 1900 ?" section and you will see the larger version of your revolver. I posted a question regarding this type of bottle and had great responses. It appears to be a candy container, like the ones I have. Read my post for further info.

Later,
Fred S. Perry

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles