VICKSBURG MISSISSIPPI

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beith_2005

Reaction score
I have a Collins but it has a lip chip. I collect Miss. crown tops too. I would like to get a Magee myself. Those are tough to come by. Do you have any North Mississippi bottles u wanna get rid of?

SaratogaSprings

Reaction score
You know I have had opportunities to buy some bottles from north Mississippi but I just haven't done it. I guess because I am from south Mississippi and most of my interest is in bottles here. Plus the places where I dig only show up bottles from Jackson on southward. I guess the only thing I have that is close to north Mississippi is two Canton whiskey jugs. My friend has some Louisville and Kosciusko bottles I believe, but only because he found them digging in a creek from that area. I need to broaden my horizon I guess with my collection. I collect all things Mississippi but I have mainly stuck with things from south Mississippi. I will try to post some pics later this evening. I have quite a few of 4 different crown tops from Collins, a Hattiesburg soda water crown top, a laurel bottling works crown top, and a laurel nu-grape.

beith_2005

Reaction score
Im the same I collect bottles from all over the state but I live in the top of the state and like to get bottles from up here. I have some where around 800 bottles with about 400 or so from mississippi.

SaratogaSprings

Reaction score
Well with you having so many, you should just release a few of those to lighten your load, haha. Do you have the Lumberton hutch?

SaratogaSprings

Reaction score
I can't upload my pics on here for some reason but if you will message me your email I can email you some pics.

SaratogaSprings

Reaction score
I sent you two different emails, one of the two Saratoga bottles and another of the two Collins bottles. Let me know if they didn't come through.

SaratogaSprings

Reaction score
The clean Saratoga one that has been tumbled had a small crack on the inside of the glass at the top. You can see it in the picture. The other one with the darkened lettering is in good condition, it just needs cleaning.

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SaratogaSprings

You know I have had opportunities to buy some bottles from north Mississippi but I just haven't done it. I guess because I am from south Mississippi and most of my interest is in bottles here. Plus the places where I dig only show up bottles from Jackson on southward. I guess the only thing I have that is close to north Mississippi is two Canton whiskey jugs. My friend has some Louisville and Kosciusko bottles I believe, but only because he found them digging in a creek from that area. I need to broaden my horizon I guess with my collection. I collect all things Mississippi but I have mainly stuck with things from south Mississippi. I will try to post some pics later this evening. I have quite a few of 4 different crown tops from Collins, a Hattiesburg soda water crown top, a laurel bottling works crown top, and a laurel nu-grape.

What Kosciusko bottles does your friend have?

SaratogaSprings

Reaction score
I would have to ask him. I could be wrong, I'm not sure. I know he dug in Louisville in few weeks ago and found a Louisville bottle and another good bottle but I'm not exactly sure what it was. It may have been a
Forest bottle.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR