Virgin Dumps Needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

passthebottle

Reaction score
Young people wanting to get into bottle digging as a hobby probably won"t have much luck finding enough turn-of -thecentury material. Most towns by now have been gone over with a fine toothed coombs for decades now. Bottle digging for even the most experienced is hard enough the younger diggers just can"t compete. Just a few years ago I was still able to dig untouched dumps on a regular basis. not now. I know because i"ve fined toothed coombed my home town now and all of the neighbooring towns as well. Still get lucky from time to time but seem to spend most of my time searching and less time digging. Good luck new diggers ; your gonna need it. BTW any body know of one they want to tell?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
There's still a whole next generation of TOC dumps buried safely under the infrastructure and architecture we presently utilize. We can't get it yet, that parking lot is too important right now, but one day, decades from now.. who knows?

RedGinger

Reaction score
You gotta have hope! It can be very disappointing sometimes, digging until your back and neck feel as broken as the bottles, but they are still out there. I don't know where you live, but why not try diving for bottles? Charlie's right, there are lots of them under parking lots, under houses, etc.

RedGinger

Reaction score
When I feel in a bottle rut, I try to think differently. I go over all the spots in my head and sometimes go back to one I thought was dugout. If I could only tell you all the spots I have lived in before I knew about bottles, that could have been dug or investigated. Let me know where you are and maybe I or another person can give you a lead. I collect shards, which can be just as interesting, and make something out of them when I can't find anything whole.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

When I feel in a bottle rut, I try to think differently. I go over all the spots in my head and sometimes go back to one I thought was dugout. If I could only tell you all the spots I have lived in before I knew about bottles, that could have been dug or investigated. Let me know where you are and maybe I or another person can give you a lead. I collect shards, which can be just as interesting, and make something out of them when I can't find anything whole.

Wait, is that you or Joe?? [;)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter