Virginia patent & proprietary Medicines

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Bristol VA ...may as well be Tenn.

John R. Dickey's Old Reliable Eye Wash Manufactured by Dickey Drug Co. Bristol, VA.

markh

Reaction score
Matt,
I have a HITE'S PAIN CURE / FOR MAN AND ANIMALS/ ROANOKE, VA., 5 3/4", rct, clear.

I wonder if the "FARRAR’S EMULSION POWERS, TAYLOR & CO ." you mentioned has some connection to the "Farrar's Ague Cure N.C.M. Co. Wilmington" which is a pretty scarce cure bottle? Which city is the Farrar's Emulsion Powders from?

Mark

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Matt,
I have a HITE'S PAIN CURE / FOR MAN AND ANIMALS/ ROANOKE, VA., 5 3/4", rct, clear.

I wonder if the "FARRAR’S EMULSION POWERS, TAYLOR & CO ." you mentioned has some connection to the "Farrar's Ague Cure N.C.M. Co. Wilmington" which is a pretty scarce cure bottle? Which city is the Farrar's Emulsion Powders from?

Mark

Thanks I am aware of the hites from Roanoke. Those are a bit later than the Staunton ones.

I think you may be correct about the Farrar's an Wilmington. I beleive I saw an ad for it in a Wilmington (NC) paper.

markh

Reaction score
here are a few more cures from VA that I'm aware of:

White's Quick Healing Cure Norfolk Va. 6 1/4, rct amber (also 5" version)
Dr. Welfley's Rheumatic Cure / Prepared by Drs.Sprinkel & Welfley/ Shenandoah, Va. 8", rct, aqua

how about WVa?

Lightning Kidney and Liver Cure / No Relief , No Pay// Herb Medicine Co.// Weston W.VA. 9 1/2, rct aqua

and

E.A. Craighill & Co./ Druggists/ Lynchburg/ Va.// ???/Syrup of /Sarsaparilla

saw a photo of this one in a cure collection display and can't make out all of the embossing.

Mark

55A7F829797844EDAE6DEE21CD3ACA9B.jpg

Attachments

• 55A7F829797844EDAE6DEE21CD3ACA9B.jpg
    55A7F829797844EDAE6DEE21CD3ACA9B.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 77

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member