Visit my new bottle cleaning site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

T

Reaction score
Folks this is my first post, looks like this is the right place to be if you like bottles or want to know anything about them. I have enjoyed reading all the post for the short time I have been a member. I have just got a website of before and after pictures before anybody who needs any bottles cleaned. I enjoy cleaning bout as much as collecting them. Please visit @ www.gunnellsbottlecleaning.com

Thanks,
Glenn

wedigforyou

Reaction score
Nice job. I love the Philly squatty. Do you really tumble those ACL sodas and Pyro dairies? Good work.

T

Reaction score
thanks wedig, yes i run them in the machine but not with the same stuff i use on the old bottles,it took many months to find out what wood clean them,many hours lost sleep,give up one time, then tried again,got it bout as close as i can get it for now,i am always looking to make it faster & better,but if you dont watch it you will get burnt out, sometimes best to stick with what you got,

GuntherHess

Reaction score
You might want to reduce the photo sizes on your website some. Looked like some were 500K files which is huge. If you get much traffic you are going to burn bandwidth fast. You can make thumb nails if you want to link to the bigger detailed photos.
Just passing on info from my trials and errors[;)]

farmgal

Reaction score
I think many folks don't understand that some poor country folks can't get anything but slooooooooooooow dial up and big pictures time out so we can't see them. Sure annoys me when I love seeing everyones pictures. farmgal..

GuntherHess

Reaction score
yes, that;s another good reason. People with dial up will give up quickly on your site when none of the photos show up for them. There are lots of people still using dial-up.

T

Reaction score
sorry folks bout the big pictures,a friend of my daughter set the site up for me,she is not a pro.did it as a favor,i saw when they got it done they was to big,going to see if she can tune them up a bit,

T

Reaction score
got a few pictures back on today,oldest daughter did the best she can do for now, hope these dont take as long as before to load up, thanks, glenn gunnellsbottlecleaning.com

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Glenn,
I am personally not a giant fan of cleaning, especially over-cleaning. Don't get me wrong, I clean off the dirt. However, I love the original luster and patena of a found bottle. I do understand that I am in the minority here. However, if one is going to work on a bottle, I have always believed that the minimum amount of glass should be removed. That care should be taken to preserve the glasses original manufacturing markings. That's what I notcied about your site. Here's a quote from you;

When you get your bottle back I want it to be as good as I can get it without overcleaning it outside. There is a point on some bottles when you have to stop cleaning as not to overclean it outside.

So, I just wanted to thank you for for philosphy of preserveing the original character of the bottles you work on. Nice job!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson