W.H. Buck Talbot St. Norfolk Va

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Thanks guys! [:)]

I agree redbeard, they are so tough to find as you know. I believe this was possibly a Federal Hill bottle. The early Baltimore glasshouses sure produced some killer bottles.

~Tim

Plumbata

Reaction score
That's one very fine bottle ya got there Tim. Very appealing embossing. I'd leave it as-is, tumbling might make the scratches/fleabites more noticeable and diminish the great character it has developed over 160+ years. Looks like there may be some mineralization though, have you tried a gentle acid soak or am I just seeing different colors in the glass?

appliedlips

Reaction score
Congratulations on a killer acquisition Tim! Never seen that one before, its very sexy! If you do clean it, make sure it is by someone experienced with hand work,prepping before tumbling. I think it would clean up nice. I have had similar sodas that I spent alot of time on before a light tumbling that came out killer.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Thanks so much Stephen! I haven't tried to do anything to it yet. It does have a little interior deposits that would probably benefit from some attention.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Thanks Doug [;)]

Yeah it's much taller and cruder than most. A nice light yellow green color that's different in color to many other sodas I have so it stands out in a lineup. It also is much taller than most of the others with that giraffe neck lol

I agree, it would probably look great after a very light spin but I may just leave it as is.

~Tim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1