W.H. Buck Talbot St. Norfolk Va

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Hey all,

Man, finally! I'm so happy to get this bottle. I've been working on a deal to get this great early example for about two months now and it was really worth the wait. Tod calls this bottle one of the iconic southern sodas, and I would definitely have to agree. It's been on my want list for quite some time and I never knew if i'd ever have a shot at one and feel very fortunate to have it in my collection. The gentleman I got it from was not a bottle collector and works for a contractor in Norfolk. He said he's had it for about 20 years, and got it back on one of the construction sites back in the 90's. No damage at all. It could use a light spin but i'm not sure if i'm going to even mess with it. There are only a handful of sodas with the early long neck flat tapered torpedo style tops on a soda form. The Talbot St. W.H. Buck, the A.C. Evans from NC, and the Cook & Peel from Alexandria, Va to name a few. It's been a great year so far. I hope you enjoy the photos and thanks for looking! [:)]

100_1316.jpg

100_1295.jpg

100_1304.jpg

100_1292.jpg

100_1284.jpg

100_1285.jpg

100_1299.jpg

Jim

Reaction score
Congratulations, Tim! That is one sweet early soda. Found on a construction dig- that almost makes me want to get into the excavating business [8D]. Not many bottles to be found wrenching on engines, unfortunately. ~Jim

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Thanks Jims! [;)]

Yeah there are some killer sodas from Va. They are just So tough to find tho. I'd say it's Baltimore blown.

~Tim

redbeardrelics

Reaction score
WOW Tim, Congratulations are in order !!

One awesome early soda there, I love the long neck and tapered top, and also concur on the Baltimore glass house origins. Glad you got that one, as you never know if another chance will come your way on something rare like that.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS