Wangan

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Billy Cobham made those popular back in the late 70's early 80's.
He was one of my favorites. I wish I had all those old records now. I only had a few and Spectrum was my favorite.
I was really into that stuff, Hammer, McLaughlin, Gentle Giant, Gong. Wow! Blast from the past.

Wangan

Reaction score
Between my drum badge and the finish on my shells I have determined that my set was made in `78-`79.The blue and olive Ludwig oval logo on the badges started in mid `69.They were all Keystone shaped badges before that.Here is an interesting site that helped me research the date,which can be tough because they didn`t have a formal manufacture date associated with the serial numbers. http://www.vintagecymbalguide.com/

If you don`t mind Woody,I would like to know who made the Blue rack you have.All I`ve ever seen are the Chrome or aluminum ones.

epackage

Reaction score
Nice sets Woody and Wangan, add 5 more kits to each and Neil Peart might come and play them....[8D]

epackage

Reaction score
Maybe the most amazing work I've ever seen done on drums....9 AMAZING MINUTES STRAIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1981040/neil_peart_crazy_drum_solo/

Wangan

Reaction score
Ah Yes! One of my idols of drumming! I have seen this one before.When I learn to play good,I want to learn Tom Sawyer,one of my favorite Rush tunes.

I was told that there was a drummer that had so many drums set up that he couldn`t get to them.They had to lower him into the kit with a sling chair on a crane!I think it was the drummer for the Moody Blues but I`m not sure.Makes a good stage presence even tho you definitely don`t need that many.Funny thing is,for me,there are never enough!The option of all the different sounds you can produce makes it more interesting and FUN! I just saw a video of this drummer who said he would play a car door on stage if it made the sound he was looking for.He used to use a large boat propeller and each fin had a slightly different tone.[:D]

Wangan

Reaction score
Got to add this amendment: Jeff Porcaro is now leading Neil Peart and next only to Buddy Rich as my favorite all time drummer.

Wangan

Reaction score
I give up.There are so many greats,like Simon Phillips,you just cant have a few to admire.

2muchstuff

Reaction score
YEA bring back memories for me too, got kicked out of band, couldn't note in bag

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen