Wanna play "I SPY" ???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
I'm curious...everyone on here loves bottles/glass - but most people have more than one interest/passion:

What's something that you collect that has so far eluded you? What are you searching for? Do you collect fishing stuff and there's a lure you need to finish your collection...Do you collect sports memorabilia and you're still looking for that special rookie card or something to add to your collection...What else sparks your interest...I'm curious because while most things we look for can eventually be found in the area we live in, or on eBay/similar venues ... it wouldn't hurt to have a few extra sets of eye's out there playing "I SPY...???"

Why would I start a thread like this you ask? Well I have something that I am looking for that's not going to be so easy to find here in Orlando...so I thought I'd ask for some help hunting it down!!!

Crazy at it might ~sound~ and it will (because had I not seen this and just heard someone suggest it - I would be thinking total looney bin)...but I have seen one and it is the absolute coolest thing - and I want one...

>>>When visiting the home of this collector - he showed me an old outhouse "3" seater (that of course had been cleaned!) - it had a mama, papa, and baby size seat - all one piece of beautifully weathered and worn - with a wire hanger attached...it was to be used to hang in their cabin with their family photos...it was the coolest thing ever...

Now you're probably thinking - well just get the guy to sell you that one - easier said than done...they live in a log cabin and all the country style that implies and it was an anniversary gift to his wife for their family photo's..."they" will NEVER get rid of it...and I don't blame them!

So if any of you are digging a privy and the old outhouse is still there or if you're at a farm sell or where ever and you "SPY" one of these - a "1" seater - "2" seater - or my wildest dream a "3" seater....please let me know ASAP!

>>>Now after you get finished [:)][:D][:D][:D] - what do you want someone to "SPY" for you?????

RedGinger

Reaction score
We have an old outhouse in our yard, complete with seat, but I don't know if my husband would sell it. He dragged it home from what I think was an old train station. Some friends had to help him, as it is very heavy and hard to get into a truck.

P.S. It's purely decorative, we don't use it![:D]

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
That is too cool - it doesn't have that moon cut out on the door does it? How many does it "seat"?

RedGinger

Reaction score
Yep, it has a moon on the door. It seats one. I've been meaning to get some pictures of it. I think I'll take some.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I'm going to do a post on it somewhere else. I have to make the pictures too small in this section.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Would love to see some pics! Take a pic of the seat too - doubtful he would sell it - but when the day comes that you want to get rid of it...I might just take a road trip!

>>>My granddad used to have a little plastic outhouse that sat on his mantle...it had a moon cut out in the door...and you could see the guys head and feet...if you opened the door he would spin around (like if you surprised him or something) and pee on you (water of course - that went into the base of it if I remember right!)...that's another one of those "if I ever see one - it's mine" kinda things!

After I leave work today I probably won't have internet access till Monday - so if you get pics up I will see them then! Thanks - and have a great weekend!

Just Dig it

Reaction score
it can be any old item with good craftsmanship that catches my eye..some items just attract people. i deffinatley would say when i go to a flea market or a antique shop..its 50% my choice what im taking home and 50% the choice of that item

imagine looking at the crescent moon through the hole shaped like it = )

RedGinger

Reaction score
Tinna, they're under Displaying and Photographing.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
I play it by heart/sight most all of the time too - but is there anything in particular that you "specifically" look for - something you have a hankering for?

***I forgot to post it in my initial post and this silly aol keeps knocking me off the edit...but I am also looking for any Crowley & Coleman flasks/bottles - Crowley milk bottles - Crowleytown jars (I hope one day to dig one - I could never afford one unless I hit Powerball) - but you get the theme - anything "Crowley"...

Just keep your eyes out [8|] !

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide