Want to put together a privy digging brochure

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bill D.

Reaction score
Decided it would be to my advantage to utilize a nicely done color brochure to help me get permission to dig at old homes in a particular neighborhood. I know some folks have used them with great success, and wanted to give it a shot. Was just looking for some tips, recommendations, examples, etc, from those of you with experience to help me get started. Appreciate any and all comments.

diggerjeff

Reaction score
i have canvased neighbor hoods and passed out flyers. i found that some pics of the process helps. the key is to convince the homeowner that you will leave the property in as good of condition or better than when you start to dig. i often offer to do light yard work or clean up the ally abit for them. i tarp all around the hole so when it is time to put the dirt back ,it will all go back neatly. i photographed the process and show them what a neat and proffessional job i do. and i always offer some of the finds befor i start to dig. i always take something i have dug with me to show the homeowner. this gets conversation started and they get a good idea of what i am after. dont forget to maintain any holes that might sink after a few rains.

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
Dont forget that a permission slip stating that the homeowner/land owner is NOT liable for injuries on thier property - this will get you a better chance to dig on land where the home/land owner is kinda jerky about people on thier land........

appliedlips

Reaction score
I think it is a bad idea to mention liabilty unless they bring it up.Keep a seperate form for this use.No need to get them thinking of the danger of what you will be doing.Besides in most states a liability waiver would not hold up in court anyway.

diggerjeff

Reaction score
personally i would not bring it up unless asked. if asked i show my medical ins card . this seems to satisfy most people.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles