WANTED-JOHN HENRY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pupman

Reaction score
Looking for someone who would be willing to part with a little bottle embossed on shoulder:JOHN HENRY about 4 -4 1/4"tall comes in a variety of colors. Looks just like a LYONS POWDER bottle.Any help would be appreciated! Thank you,Kev(pup)[:D][:D][:D]

pupman

Reaction score
Hi Brian,Thanks very much! Let's start with a picture. This is what I know of John Henry/Curran & co. seller of proprieory medicines,mineral waters pharmacy preperations,fancy goods of american and european production. 1872-1875. I don't know what if any other years were involved.
As to scarcity,I have seen a few before.A couple sold on e-bay when I was after cures more than insect powders and I missed them and I do not have one.I do not truthfully know if they come pontiled or only smooth base but I suspect the later.With my collection,as you can tell,I would really like to have one! I am thinking ,eventually of doing more reasearch and compiling the known information in a book with good color plates.Please send me a picture or two! Best Regards,Kev(pup)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday