Wanted : Marbles .... update ....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

snapshot

Reaction score
Monsonant,

Fascinating, thank's so much for the history lesson! It's amazing, the dialogue that can develop over a old piece of glass, I love it! I feel kinda guilty by not talking about bottles here but I'm sure I'll get over it.
BTW, any insight as to the little plastic horse I posted previously?

curiously,
sherry

Monsonant

Reaction score
Sherry , Out of respect for the site I'll send a private message about the horse . I did not mean for this posting to turn into a thread ... This group is really very cool and no one gets excited when things get "off-topic ". I have been in the antiques business my whole life .. grew up in it .. and of all the groups of collectors I have dealt with bottle collectors and Marble collectors are by far the most interesting and fun to be around . Bottle people seem to have just a little more common sense and are a little more down to earth than marble people . d.e.a.

codd commando

Reaction score
[;)]We quite often dig marbles in uk , I did not know they were so sought after we have been burying them again drop me a line with your details and I will keep them back for you, Do they have to be U.S. in origin?

alan23t5

Reaction score
I have some marbles for sale mostly clay and pontil marked marbles i found in a basement of an old house. But you'll all have to wait for a pic til i get digital camera.

alan23t5

Reaction score
I finally got a digi camera and here are the marbles i found in the basement they look very old. here is all of them together.

Us54718.jpg

Attachments

• Us54718.jpg
    Us54718.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 89

alan23t5

Reaction score
here is a pic of these seperated

Ec88766.jpg

Attachments

• Ec88766.jpg
    Ec88766.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 86

alan23t5

Reaction score
here are these alone

can any1 tell me about all of these marbles including about the colored marbles some has pontil marks.

Ay75347.jpg

Attachments

• Ay75347.jpg
    Ay75347.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 82

diggerjeff

Reaction score
in the center picture from left to right you have a 1 stone 2 blue bennington 3 painted china 4 early slag poss. pontiled? 5,6,7,8 are benningtons. in the bottom pic the real hard ones are china and the soft ones (if any,) are common clay.the glass would be the best if it is in good cond. the china painted is next best.

alan23t5

Reaction score
how much do you think those marbles are worth , would they be in a price guide?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles