WANTED: Niagara Dry and other Niagara bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

The Can Kid

Reaction score
I have narrowed my collecting to Niagara, Ontario bottles and am trying to get a nice assortment of them. If anyone here has a bottle or can from Niagara Dry or any other Niagara company, be it beer, soda or medicine, I'm interested.

Any bottles from WELLAND, PORT COLBORNE, ST. CATHARINES, NIAGARA FALLS, RIDGEWAY, FONTHILL, BEAMSVILLE, HAMILTON, SMITHVILLE, FORT ERIE, CROWLAND, and especially DAIN CITY!
I will pay your Tuesday for a bottle marked Dain City, but I don't think there are any - the closest bottler I know of was the Sunnyside Dairy, which was across the Welland canal from Dain City.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE NIAGARA BOTTLES! thecankid@hotmail.com

Bixel

Reaction score
Nothing listed in any of my books for Dain City, although it wasnt called Dain City until the late 50s.

Welland Junction was the name before that, and nothing listed for that either.

druggistnut

Reaction score
I read an interesting account a while back about why there is no dump to be dug in Niagara, NY.
I seem to remember that the river was redirected and the dump went with it-downstream.
Anyone else read that?
Bill

The Can Kid

Reaction score
@Bixel, that's why I would pay so much for a Dain City bottle - they probably don't exist!

@UncleBruce, yes, Niagara NY does count. I wasn't going to buy American bottles, but it's closer to where I live than many of the Canadian cities I'm buying. Anyone have Niagara, NY bottles for sale?

And lastly, DruggistNut. I've never heard that story, but I know of a dump right along the bank of the Niagara river. It's in Niagara-On-The-Lake on the Canadian side. It's on the side of a hill and it's just covered in bottles and cans. There are lots of Pre-1900 shards, but none of the old stuff is whole. Lots of 1970s liquor bottles though, I'm happy to dig a dump like that if I get paid for it! Three cheers for deposit bottles...[:D]

Anyway, I though you guys might like this picture here. The house circled in red is the former Sunnyside Dairy. The owner lived there and... well, read the rest of the story in my other thread, LINK COMING SOON
The big building in blue is where I live. Problem is, the canal divides Dain City and Port Colborne. So close and yet so far!

-the can kid

A56F395193124394BFC7C1E19FAEE099.jpg

Attachments

• A56F395193124394BFC7C1E19FAEE099.jpg
    A56F395193124394BFC7C1E19FAEE099.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 59

RCO

Reaction score
i have a couple bottles from that area , i came across an old soda bottle from welland back in the summer . i guess it never got posted , its from " Ontario soda Water Mfc co " Welland , Ontario , i had forgot about it as its behind some other bottles . its fairly old i believe its at least before 1920's , it has an odd crack type mark but its not broken and totally solid .

718C300512C440ED97C1AB1909EA06E3.jpg

Attachments

• 718C300512C440ED97C1AB1909EA06E3.jpg
    718C300512C440ED97C1AB1909EA06E3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 65

The Can Kid

Reaction score
RCO, I would be interested in that bottle. I have one already, but mine has the top broken off. Unfotunately, it's one of the most common Niagara bottles. How much would you like to get for it?

Also, where do you live? I'd be curious as to where you found that bottle, I can't imagine they sold it too far out of Welland.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday