WANTED Samuel Simes med with bulbous neck bugle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stinger haut

Reaction score
I dug one of these about a zillion years ago.
I literally spend well over 20 hours working on this bottle before it went into the tumbler. It came out really mint. I was very happy mainly because I meant to work on this one for over 20 years and finally in retirement got the time.
Well, two weeks ago it was stolen from a display at our local community center.
Anyone have one of these that they are wanting to sell or trade for?
Stinger

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Is that the SAMUEL SIMES PHARMACIEN CHESTNUT ST. PHILA bottle?
Its not super rare but its unique enough a thief would have a tough time unloading it in a non-obvious way. I see them sell at the major glass auctions every so often.

Where was it stolen so people can keep an eye out for it?

stinger haut

Reaction score
Hey Guntherhess,
I had pulled it out of the case to show someone the bottle. Got distracted by someone else and left it on a table. Well, by the time I remembered where I left it, it was MIA.
Probably, some young person just saw it and thought that it looked different (were in Hawaii) and walked off with it. I live on an outer island and a lot of the locals haven't ever seen a pontiled med. This one was very different in its shape, so a lot of people asked questions about it.
I don't think they 're going to try and sell it, its probably going in thier window.
The O/P meds that I had displayed were for the most part fairly common aqua bottles. I have never had a great O/P collection.
But this one, I had dug and it was the only O/P med we dug that day. I always thought it looked really nice.
Its just that I put a lot of work into restoring it and waiting so long to do it. I remember taking a piece of a dowel and carving it at just the right angle, so I could attach sandpaper to it to remove some heavy ice pick marks on the inside of the neck.
They're not very rare thats for sure, but I haven't seen one in any of the Glassworks or Heckler Auctions lately. I only buy bottles from a few sellers I know on ebay. They tend not to sell O/P meds.
I just thought I'd ask if someone might have one on the forum. If I can't find another one, its not the end of the world thats for sure.
Thanks for asking,
Stinger

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli