Warm sunny DaddyDaughterDigger day :)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DaddyDaughterDiggers

Reaction score
Smile...Well, I probably looked liked that little girl about 20 years ago [:)]....My dad showed me this hobby when I was about 8 years old. We have been doing it together ever sense!

DaddyDaughterDiggers

Reaction score
It's great to hear the stories behind how people get into this hobby. I only wish I could make my day job my hobby and this a full time adventure [:)]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hmmm,I was helping a childhood friend look for his lost dog in the woods....We were about 12...Happened into this clearing (with fresh diggings) A victorian dump! this was during the 70's....Lot's of people had the bottle bug back then. I spotted a deformed bromo near a dirt pile,...Picked it up and put it in my pocket...Never looked back...54 now. [:D]

DaddyDaughterDiggers

Reaction score
You don't hear that kind of story everyday! See. You help others and the bottle god helps you!

LC

Reaction score
I tore an old house down for a guy for the material in the 70s , talk about a real blunder . Turned out the wood in the house was not even worth trying to reuse , had no idea as to how old it was , had a log foundation I found out too late , oh well , lesson learned . Anyway , the plus side was that I found some old bottles under the flooring and that was my beginning of my adverture through the world of glass .

DaddyDaughterDiggers

Reaction score
My dad showed me the glory of digging at the Southern Pacific Railroad in Sacramento, Ca. Which was a late 1700's dump. I have so many exciting memories of those years. I remember many times wondering if my dad realized I was only 8. He would explain the details of digging and finding, as if I was a college student. lol . I was always a daddy's girl and through out the years this has always been away to keep up close. Now, I'm 29 and enjoy digging as much as I did when I was a child!

epackage

Reaction score
Great to here it, you guys have posted some great finds ever since you joined us, it's been a pleasure to see all your finds...[;)]

MrSchulz

IowaBottles
Reaction score
What is that short Amber on the second row to the farthest left? I've dug a few of those that were Chicago Malt Brewery and West Side Brewery slug plates

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen