Water table

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rwcw1040

Reaction score
I dug last Friday but was greeted by water at about 3/4 feet down. I do believe the water table is up due to all the snow in Feb. Does anyone have any ideas how quickly the water table drops here in the Ohio? Thanks for all inputs on this matter, NRW

Bixel

Reaction score
Well if the water table is anything like my area of Southern Ontario, you will have to wait a little while. Depends what sort of area you are in, some of the places down here we have to wait well into the summer before we can start digging. Last year our one location stayed wet all year, never got a chance with all the rain we had. I would check back in a few weeks and see how it looks.

haelix

Reaction score
you may use a 12 volt trash pump to drain the hole and help remove mud making the good stuff easier to find

appliedlips

Reaction score
It depends on where your at in Ohio and the soil conditions. In Central and S. Central Ohio there is alot of Sandy soil which drains great and the privies never hold water but in areas with clay they will be wet whenever there is rain or snow.

toddrandolph

Reaction score
It all depends on soil type and landscape position you are in. The water table in Ohio right now is at its highest point for the whole year. As soon as the trees start to leaf out, it will drop quickly.

lexdigger

Reaction score
It also depends on if you're in a river town. Here in Kentucky when we dig in towns along the river, there is Always water in the bottom! Nothing you can really do except get your bucket and start to Bail!!! Best time of year is during the dry months (July and August). It sux, but if you wanna get down to the bottom there's no other way.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal