WE Shafer whiskey bottle Charleston W VA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi I don't have a picture but I would like to know what this is worth, it is a one pint bottle, clear probably 1890s early 1900s. Has a slug plate in the middle, WE Shafer, Virginia & Summer St. Charleston W VA. Does anyone know what this is worth? A friend of mine has it and he is wanting to get $50 for it, is this too much or not enough? I can't find anything or anyone that knows about W VA bottles.
thanks,
Robert
BARQS19

capsoda

Reaction score
Waaaaaaaaay to much if you ask me. I sold a bunch of Shafer's pints at the flea market and was lucky to get 5 bucks apiece. The quarts brought $15 a piece.

BARQS19

Reaction score
Ok thanks, you dont' see that kind of stuff down here and anything slug plate I like to check out. I've had TN whiskies that were slug plated and not worth $5 then I've had some that were around $100. He told me he had an offer of $25 I'll tell him he needs to sell it then.
thanks,
BARQS19

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Robert, Try to find the Shafer that is shaped like a medicine nottle. Those sell for 40 or 50 bucks.

We dig up alot of Shafer slugs, B.B.B. med shaped, Lewis 66 and Josa. Magnus in all shapes, sizes and clear as well as amber.

Try selling it farther out west or on Ebay. Come to think of it I haven't seen one on Ebay in a while.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1