"Weedy find" - Rated 18+

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bne74honda

Reaction score
Uh...Hello All....

Being of a generation that embraced certain 'illicit' substances, I still have certain beliefs and attitudes when it comes to alcohol being legal and grass not.[8|] The issues speak for themselves and need not be discussed here.

I was finally armed with a flash light today when I ventured out to an abondoned farmstead that I've been eyeing for some time. The place has been used for sometime as a party spot for teens as could be seen from the absolute destruction [:'(] of everything inside. But I headed to the cellar anyhow.

I went through the whole place and found nothing but junk except for an old stove top iron. Nice piece in pretty good shape. [:)] As I was heading out, I wandered around the summer kitchen/mudroom and noticed a couple of boxes in a corner. Gotta check 'cause ya never know....what the hell?!??

Son of a .... Turned out to be about 5 lbs of weed. [&:] It had been harvested and tossed in these boxes. Wellllll.....waste not want not, says I! [:D] Long and short of it...after sifting through it all and cleaning what was ok at home.....1 lb 10 oz of quite pleasant homegrown.[:D]

B

Bottleman

Reaction score
Wow, that was an interesting find! A very valuable one too I must say! Because I am always out in the woods walking around looking for dumps and foundations I have come across forgotten “plants†that people have left behind and all that’s lift is a five gallon bucket with holes in the bottom in a clearing out in the woods. Another a digger I know is a user and some how always finds live ones out in the woods in the summer time and he has told me story’s of how he has come out with 10+ garbage bags full one time and was followed all the way home by a cop. He stuffed they behind his seat and said he was getting high of the fumes he had so much. Well, I said my two cents but just want to clarify that I don’t mess around with that stuff. Never was a pothead and never will be!

~~Tom

IRISH

Reaction score
Not a bad find if you like the stuff, I think it stinks [:'(] . We come across it growing up in the hills sometimes, I never go near it apart from the fact I don't like it, it would be a good way to get killed if the grower finds you messing with them.

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hey Bottleman & Irish,

I agree with both of you re: keeping away from growers' property, but this stuff had obviously been abandoned for some time. As to being a 'pothead', [&:]I never thought of myself that way....just one who enjoys the mellow relaxation afforded by a nice slow toke now and again. [8D]

Whatever your opinions or preferences, this just goes to show how any scouting trip and yield surprises. Hey, it could have been boxed cash instead! [;)]

B

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Irish, so true regarding stirring up the cultivators! Several years ago there were several stories of tourists stumbling upon 'factory sites' and meeting their demise. There's been a 'crop' of urban legends since, but sadly, some innocents were indeed murdered in Hawaii, Mexico and Jamaica.[:eek:] Tried it in the 60's, raised hell with my lungs so I didn't continue. I don't think I would be back-packing it out of the woods if I found it!!!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Norm ,
I agree ! I would slip out very quietly and leave the stash . I don't know how it is in you alls neck of the woods....but here they get quite upset to say the least if someone is caught stealing there livelyhood . These hills used to be filled with Moonshiners and a lot have moved on to grow Tennessee's No. 1 cash crop now.
Be careful B if you return to that spot in the future.
Brian

bne74honda

Reaction score
Brian,

There seems to be some confusion as to where this place is located. It's far from in the bush. It's right at the intersection of a secondary and major highway! There is no forest around at all. It's all open farm field and very heavily driven. I think the folks who left this stuff were renting the house, growing in the yard or basment and got caught. Maybe.

All I know is the house has been vacant for 4 years but is quite old. I will be going back once I locate the owner and ask permission to probe the yard for a privy or dump. After all, I do want bottles! [:D]

Brian

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Brian ,
Oh ok , My mistake !
Was it hand leaves or was it the good stuff too ? If it was an indoor operation....and it was just hand leaves... it may just be the left overs after trimmin the bud !!! Reckon ?
Brian

bne74honda

Reaction score
Brian,

Yep...that's what they done....trimmed the tops and left the leaves. [:(] But for homegrown it's pretty good. Hell, I used to grow my own the same way, wayyyy back when. Don't forget, 1 1/2 lbs for free....bud or no bud, it's a good deal! [;)]

Brian

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Here in the panhandle of Texas we have to be very careful approaching old, abandoned, farmhouses. Not for the hooch, but numerous meth labs have been found in these abandoned establishments. Our large agricultural community makes stealing Anhydrous Ammonia as easy as 1-2-3. Crash one of these guys parties and you will likely never dig another bottle. Someone may however be digging up you![:eek:] Happy Diggin, (so to speak) Kelley

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!