Well/Privy Advice

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

goodman1966

Reaction score
Hi Troy, looks like you found an excellent place to dig ! I found one similar years ago and here's what I did. Using your probe find the outer edge, dig down a little lower than the level of the bottles. Then just break down your wall of dirt and pull out the bottles. Sound simple but it's a lot of area to cover . You want to get all the good ones, right ! :) Mitch

sandchip

Reaction score
JIHUNTER said:
...Not any easy task though trying to dig through the surface and not break stuff. Is there a good way to get to the deeper older stuff without destroying everything?

Mitch's technique sounds good. Unless there's a big rush, take your time and enjoy the dig and keep us updated.

Btl_Dvr

Reaction score
Just a thought, but you might want to see who actually owns the property now. I know it's easy to beg forgiveness and I'm guessing it's not posted, but...

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
Btl_Dvr said:
Just a thought, but you might want to see who actually owns the property now. I know it's easy to beg forgiveness and I'm guessing it's not posted, but...
You are correct it has not been posted yet. JIHUNTER have you asked for permission to dig? It is alway best to get permission first.

JIHUNTER

Reaction score
The actual property fell ouot of ownership years ago and is located next to a bridge and old cattle causeway. According to GIS plat and tax maps it is now in an wetland easment. I checked with the closest homeowners and they said know one has been on the property in years.The Marsh bottles I can get to by skirting around the homesite, and know one owns the marsh.I have yet to get that feeling like im tresspassing and usually you can tell when you shouldnt be somewere. I have spoken with the neighboring property owners and know one has said anything so im just going to fly under the radar hopefully.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I say go for it, Dig away. I wish I was there to help you. Good luck. LEON.

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Looks like you have found a nice spot. The beer bottles are at least 90 years old, so there is probably a lot more under those. Good luck. How kind are your county employees? Scott

Reaction score
Good stuff. Those pics of all the bottles dumped on the ground are really nice- making me think about digging!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2