Welp, the Santa Ana's have begun! (it's HOT outside!)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
Welp, today the Santa Ana's have begun.

It is 101*F (38*C) IN THE SHADE on my side porch right now folks. I am running the AC unit full blast as I am typing. The air is so hot and dry outside that you can barely breathe. The power already went out earlier today for about 35 mins. *looks to heaven* "Please don't go out again!" I have a question: is Fall supposed to be like this? (rhetorical question)

I took this picture today, at 2:40 p.m. October 12th, 2011:
hothothot.jpg

Where I live in SoCal, these winds will come and go from now until the end of January. Yes, that's right - the dead of winter.

Santa_ana_winds.jpg

I have seen a morning start off around 50*F, only to end up in the high 90's by mid-afternoon. I would kill for some cold air right now. We've already been through 5 months of hot weather. Members in the northeast, can you ship some of that cold air over here pretty please?

I am fully expecting the pyro firebugs to be out soon and start setting the wildfires. I'll never forget one time back in 2008, in the middle of November. I was walking on the beach in the water at 11 p.m. at night, while hundreds of homes were burning to the ground in the greater Southland.

This is what it looks like from space when the wildfires start going off. The fires burn right to the ocean sometimes:
94402main_California_Wildfiresm.jpg

Have a happy Fall for me, would ya?

RedGinger

Reaction score
I'll be happy to send you some damp, cold, rainy weather. I suppose we could afford to run the AC all Winter if we didn't have to heat our house instead. Hot, dry weather is a lot better for allergy sufferers and achy bones. Those wildfires sound terrible, though. That would be traumatic to watch. Why do idiots set them? I'm sure some of them must start naturally, with that kind of weather.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Wild post Bob!
My uncle worked for General Dynamics in San Diego for a long time, I spent time in SD as a pre-teen.. think I was catapulted into puberty there, to be honest.. [8D]

carobran

Reaction score
its in the low 50's outside right now and the high was in the 80's today....................i love fall![;)][;)][:)]............and it just stopped raining,so pretty much perfect weather

carobran

Reaction score
I

This is what it looks like from space when the wildfires start going off. The fires burn right to the ocean sometimes:
94402main_California_Wildfiresm.jpg

Have a happy Fall for me, would ya?

[/quote] my aunt lives just north of Houston and said theres smoke in the city limits[8|][8|][:eek:]

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

I'll be happy to send you some damp, cold, rainy weather. I suppose we could afford to run the AC all Winter if we didn't have to heat our house instead. Hot, dry weather is a lot better for allergy sufferers and achy bones. Those wildfires sound terrible, though. That would be traumatic to watch. Why do idiots set them? I'm sure some of them must start naturally, with that kind of weather.

Extremes are not fun.

We don't have to use much heat in the winter. I'd say that the heater is only running about 6-8 weeks out of the year.

The wildfires suck. I've been dealing with them my whole life. There were some really bad ones in 1993, 2003, 2007, and 2008.

90% of the time they are started by humans. We don't have a whole lot of lighting here. There's some in the backcountry, but still. The smoke and ash are pretty bad. Even is you live 100 miles or more from where a fire is burning. I don't know why they set them. It cost tens of millions each year to put them out.

2008 (picture not mine):
wildfire.jpg

Allergies can real bad out there. Lot's of grasses and pollen.

TheCaliKid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: carobran

its in the low 50's outside right now and the high was in the 80's today....................i love fall![;)][;)][:)]............and it just stopped raining,so pretty much perfect weather

It's about 67*F outside right now at 10:30 p.m.

Wish it would cool off more than that, the house is still in the upper 70's.

rockbot

Reaction score
wicked picture. sad but neat..[:(]
We just had one last week and it burned about 1,100 acres. I think it was the military that started it by accident.

Our volcano burns a lot of stuff too!

E39D958C432B4B339737758C4CCFF7D3.jpg

Attachments

• E39D958C432B4B339737758C4CCFF7D3.jpg
    E39D958C432B4B339737758C4CCFF7D3.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 83

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member