went digging today.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, got a chance to dig today even thou it was a bit on the chilly side. didn't find any thing super old but did find some diff. things. a embossed soda with the name LIKE LIKE.? an amber lysol bottle, a couple of canning jars, 1 presto and 1 ball. 2 coke bottles from 49. a couple of little red glasses. ect. took the camera to take pics of old foundations but the batteries want down before i could take more. thanks for looking. any information on bottles found would be greatly appreciated. thanks for looking , rhona ps found a 1/2 gal. MA'S soda to go with the dad's

Bz77273.jpg

Attachments

• Bz77273.jpg
    Bz77273.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 54

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I'd say pre 1900 for sure but I can't narrow it down anymore than that. Maybe some of the other members can help!

capsoda

Reaction score
I agree with Bryan, Pre 1900s but being in your area it could be a couple hundred years old. Walk a circle around it about 100 ft out and probe for a privey. You also want to look for an ash pit, gully, lake or river dump site. Looks like a good site.[:)]

slimdigger

Reaction score
In my experience in the country sites with an abundance of rocks the early dump could be located under a rock pile. It was common practice in the 1800's to dump your trash in a spot and then pile rocks on top of the dump site. Then add another layer of trash and then pile on more rocks. Most of the bottles located in this type of dump site are broken but I always seem to find a couple of smaller bottles that the rocks did not break. If there are an unusual rock piles out away from the foundation I would check them out.

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna great finds !! love the throwaways!!great pixs also!!i agree with the others there is a major jackpot lurking somwhere in that area, and its gonna be old!!! best of luck mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85