Went Dump Hopping today-----

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: logueb

Enjoyed the post Rick.  Hey, digging is finding. Nice little hole you guys have started there.  I'm still  sore from shoveling at my dump. .  Loved the meds.  Are the milks embossed?  And I see sodas in that pile.  Watch out for that old enamelware, when that stuff flakes off it sends nasty little splinter flakes flying.  looking forward to the cleaned up photos.  Buster.

Hey. Buster.
Yeah the milks were embossed. One had a cow on it. I give all the milks I find to. Dave

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: beendiggin

I'm interested in finding out how you make out on the Underground RR site...I have a permission to dig at one here in Maine. Best of luck.

What year is the house. Paul?

THE BADGER

Reaction score
HEY BUSTER YES AS RICK SAID THE MILKS WERE EMBOSSED THEY WERE : 2 BETHLEHEM SANITARY DAIRY,1 MEYERS DAIRY FROM BETHLEHEM PA(WITH THE COW),1 NORMINGTONS DAIRY DOESNT SAY WHERE FROM,AND LONGS DAIRY FROM BETHLEHEM PA.THE SODAS WERE 2 SQUEEZE SODA I THINK ITS DECO BUT NOT SURE.THERE WERE AT LEAST 2 BETHLEHEM COCA COLA BOTTLES THESE WERE THE CLEAR DECO LOOKING ONES,1 WHISTLE,AND 1 SMILE.I ALSO GOT 1 SEITZ PONY BLOB. BADGER

beendiggin

Reaction score
Hey Rick, i don't know when the house was built, but there is history to it. I met the owner and he said I could dig there, so....here's some info about it.

Description: This grand home was originally owned, ironically, by Capt. Ebenezer Farwell, who made his fortune in the slave trade and was killed on a trip to Africa to buy slaves. It was later bought by abolitionist Israel Weeks, who built a tunnel in the cellar leading 50 yards into the back yard to assist fugitive slaves.

David Fertig

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: David Fertig

SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!!

8AC5C370391643D387E59DB8086C52A6.jpg

That Rau is nice too.

OH yea that was OP!!!

You don't do too well on the picks, do you? Although, on second thought, it sounds like you do really well. You have great taste in bottles and are a very fine digger. That OP really is one killer bottle that most collectors would trade body parts for.

So...

Uhh...

Any time you want to dig, uh... let me know. I promise not to take any of your OPs in the pick. Matter of fact - I'd be willing to go a couple of these to one for the bottles I like.

logueb

Reaction score
Thanks Badger. Any chance you can post a pic of those cleaned up? Looks like a great place to dig. Buster.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler