West Coast Favorite

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WonGan

Reaction score
I am primarily a digger,but that I would buy!

beendiggin

Reaction score
Never seen that style before...both the base and the top are unique. Very nice example.

captcadillac

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your compliments on the bottle. I love the shape and color.
I do remember when the prices averaged about $50.00 to $100.00 for a good soda or mineral water. It seems like they went a little berserk
around 2004-2006 and then went down. These days the more desirable ones have seem to be going back up in price.
I wish I could still be digging for bottles, but age has a way of making it so your activities change. So been diggin hope that you can enjoy digging for bottles for a long time, its a lot of fun.
CaptCadillac

GACDIG

Reaction score
In Deed a very odd shape and style bottle. Did it close with a cork?? Love it.
gac

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: captcadillac

The lip area

CB06B42DDE974868AF846E692FFB6484.jpg
There was one at the Auburn Ca show a few yrs back, and it had a Hutter style stopper on it, not sure if it was stock to the bottle as the seller didnt have any history on the bottle

captcadillac

Reaction score
My sister in law bought this one from a digger/collector out of the S.F. area. I think she bought it some years back because I seem to remember it while visiting my brother back in 2005.
She told me that he had found in it in some rafters underneath a house. He just washed out with a brush. It definitely hasn't been tumbled and it needs a little more washing with a brush on the inside.
I remember the Auburn show as one of the shows to go to back in the 90's. I went with my older brother and had a really good time. He knew some of the dealers there. One in particular was a really nice guy named Rudy Kuhn. He collected poisons and he gave me a signed set of his poison work books. He refused any money for them and said they were a present for me to take back to the islands.
He passed away in the early 2000's? My brother received a huge poster of his called Rough on Rats. When my brother passed away, I received it and it is hanging on my wall over my bottles.
CaptCadillac

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter