Western Flavors

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll, What I know about ACL Sodas, you could put in a 6 ounce coffee cup and still have room for 6 1/2 ounces of coffee![:D] I was at an antique mall looking for some good deals and not finding any when I walked by this bottle and it screamed Buy Me! Buy Me! Still don't know why I did, but I thought for $3.00 what the heck? On the label it says : Western Flavors Seven-Up Botting Company Jennings LA. ( That is not a typo, it says Botting) and I just noticed that as I was typing this. The bottom is embossed 10 FL. OZ. LG 496-2 63 Couldn't find anything on Google or Ebay. Any of you guys or gals know anything about it? Thanks, Kelley

Nl31012.jpg

Attachments

• Nl31012.jpg
    Nl31012.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 110

flasherr

Reaction score
Kelley that is a great bottle. I have seen one of those before at an auction. what I remembered about this bottle is there looked to be another label under it. Look at label real close and from back side and see if it looks as if the bottle had another ACL under it. That was a good buy on that bottle. not one you see often
Brian

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Brian, you have a good memory. I didn't mention this yesterday as I thought this might be common on ACL's. The back side of the front label says "Sugar Free Artificially Sweetened Cola". The back side of the back label lists all the ingredients. I bought it for resale as I don't collect ACL's so I guess I'll put it on Ebay and see what happens. I wonder if the typo on "bottling" would be worth mentioning. I guess it's like any other error, depends on how many were put out before it was caught. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I didn't think I got hurt on the price, but as I say, ACL's are not my forte. Happy Diggin, Kelley

flasherr

Reaction score
Hey Kelley I haven't seen that bottle in about 4 years. I hope you do well with it. I don't think it is a tough bottle. but you should be able to make money on it. I cant remember if there was a typo on the other bottle. You might mention in your ad that it has a label under this label and see if you can get a pic. As with all you other bottle type collectors some ACL people love a mishap. I have never seen another bottle painted over besides that brand. might see if you can get a pic to show the original layer. It is a nice bottle. I might not remember to take out the trash lol but i can remember useless stuff lol
Brian

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi that's a very interesting bottle. I have seen tons of Western Flavors bottles from Louisiana except they were a clear bottle with a desert scene going around the bottle and the word Western Flavors inside of a lasso. Most of that type go for less than $10.
Robert
BARQS19

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter