western Massachusetts

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Looking to share the experience of locating and digging 19th century bottle dumps in the greater western Massachusetts area (including possibly southern Vt & NH, northern CT and eastern upstate NY)...

Ron

digginfool

Reaction score
Hey ron,
I live in hadley. I actually have a potential digging site lined up at a house built in 1830. But I haven't ever dug up a privy before. It shouldn't be too tough, because there is solid clay 3 feet down, so it should be easy to find a privvy. Started probing in november, but gave up because of the weather. sound interesting?

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey Andrew...

I'm definitely very interested!!! Send details... Did you get my email?

Ron

Gidday

Reaction score
Hi guys, im a little south in northeastern CT. If your short a shovel PM me a contact number.

bearswede

Reaction score
G'day Gidday...

And here all this time I thought you were from Down Under!

Anyhoo, There was a lot of bottle action going on in your neck of the woods, no? At least in central northern CT, what with Willington & Westford... Have you been diggin' much over thataway?

Ron

digger1

Reaction score
digger1 hear have one good spot in hartford give a shot.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hi all, I have to keep trips down to less than $20 now. I don't measure time or distance anymore. I guess if I could just about guarentee that in diggins I could make the journey.
Are you heading over to the spring auction at Knotty Pine? They say only 50 lots for bottles but the deals may show up if people don't.
If anyones closer to Worcester eastward let me know.
This weeks out, theres a bit if sickness running around here. Mary's been in the hospital a chunk of the week. She got all dehydrated and low electolytes. I never knew potassium was so vital so start eating those bananas.

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey Eric...

We just got ourselves an 8 week old lab puppy... He takes up a huge amount of our time right now, does Boone...

Anyway, did you see the auction catalog for Knotty Pine on-line... They hike the buyer's premium up another 5%, but what the heck... If I win one, I can go pick it up... O wait, that might cost a minor fortune now with the gas gougers in control... Or OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!

Hope things improve with your family health situation...

Ron

Ax72910.jpg

annie44

Reaction score
Ron,
Congrats on the new puppy!! He is adorable! I know he will continue keeping you very busy for a long time to come!
Cindy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles