What’s your favorite beer bottle surface find?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever found a beer bottle of any interest on the surface. Like RCO said, there are thousands upon thousands of modern or post-1940 beer bottles around here, but it seems like Canada isn't really the place to find interesting embossed beers. By the 1920s the breweries here were almost exclusively using unembossed beers and even before that unembossed seems to have been the norm. Canada does have some interesting embossed beers but nowhere near as many as the States has, and the ones we have here don't tend to show up nearly as often as their US counterparts.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thanks. All are surface finds. 1910-1950's i believe. None worth much $.

Yours most likely are prepro, pre 1919. possibly prohibition but unlikely. After Prohibition starting in early 1930's it seems most if not all beer bottles were not embossed but had a paper label. I find these all the time but then it's usually just a no name slick with paper label missing. LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever found a beer bottle of any interest on the surface. Like RCO said, there are thousands upon thousands of modern or post-1940 beer bottles around here, but it seems like Canada isn't really the place to find interesting embossed beers. By the 1920s the breweries here were almost exclusively using unembossed beers and even before that unembossed seems to have been the norm. Canada does have some interesting embossed beers but nowhere near as many as the States has, and the ones we have here don't tend to show up nearly as often as their US counterparts.

there are some embossed beers from Canada but mostly would be pre 1920's and the embossing is most likely to only be " brewery name and city " , don't think I've seen many with fancy art deco type designs or logo's

is definitely embossed beers from Ontario , I've seen several from southern Ontario , is a couple from Northern Ontario ( Sudbury and North Bay )

its odd the one from North Bay is called " the new Ontario brewery " and someone decided to revive the name and is a micro brewery in that city with the same name

had one of there bottles once but traded it years ago , its a very plain bottle , brewery name and city embossed on it , from ww 1 era so 1914 ? I think

RCO

Reaction score
note I've never found one on the surface , the odd's of finding a bottle here that's from the 1910 era on the surface would be extremely low , only places would be lots where older sites were dug up or dumps that were accidently uncovered but so many trees and plants here anything that old is long since overgrown

I have found a couple modern new Ontario brewing cans though , someone brought back the name a couple years ago and brewing beer in north bay with the old name

hemihampton

Reaction score
I was in a old Ghost Town in Upper Peninsula of Michigan about 6 years ago & there was a bunch of old Pre Pro Bosch Beer laying on the surface, all around the place in various spots but all broken. I assume some body already grabbed any good unbroken ones many years ago before I got there. LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
made a surface find today , happened to be in town , near a plaza saw a clear bottle in some grass where the snow melted . it was one of those modern " sleeman " beer bottles from Guelph Ontario . for some reason there my favorite modern beer bottle to find , they have an eat look to them , embossing on front and such , I find the odd one now and then but not as common as they used to be as more people drink from cans now

image.gif

digger dun

Reaction score
Eastern Long Island, metro NYC, Hudson valley NY
I have found so very many keeper bottles right on the surface over the years. This amber blob top is probably my favorite. Fred Barth of Greenport LI. This one had been on my list for awhile. I was out walking in my home town of Shelter Island a few years ago, near to the Quaker Cemetery with some friends and our then little babies strapped to our backs when I felt the call from the forest floor just off the path. Found it laying in the leaf litter, bight and shiny as the day it was made.

Attachments

• downsized_Image07212013120109.jpg
    downsized_Image07212013120109.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 203

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora