What’s your favorite beer bottle surface find?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
I have many bottles found on surface. Most fairly common.

I found two of this in different places.
Ross's.jpg

About 20's

This few days ago
Buenos Aires .jpg

And this is my favorite
Bieckert.jpg

Dates 1900-1908

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I don't see much talk of the "Packie" or "one way" bottles, these were used heavily during the WWII time period and mostly sent overseas, though they were still used into the late 40's. While being under what feels like house arrest with the pandemic in full swing, I decided to check an area that I knew of many years ago but never checked out only about a mile down the road from where I live, it changed a bit from back then when a parking area had been put in for a hike bike trail at the location, while moving the earth around for the parking lot they pushed what looks like hundreds or thousands of bottles over the hillside, first time finds for me were about eight amber colored Packies and a few far more common bottles, I went back yesterday and found two more amber and one Anchorglass 20200316_150040.jpggreen glass Packie, these seam to be much harder to come by, at least around me, here's the three I found yesterday.

Last edited:

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
I don't see much talk of the "Packie" or "one way" bottles, these were used heavily during the WWII time period and mostly sent overseas, though they were still used into the late 40's. While being under what feels like house arrest with the pandemic in full swing, I decided to check an area that I knew of many years ago but never checked out only about a mile down the road from where I live, it changed a bit from back then when a parking area had been put in for a hike bike trail at the location, while moving the earth around for the parking lot they pushed what looks like hundreds or thousands of bottles over the hillside, first time finds for me were about eight amber colored Packies and a few far more common bottles, I went back yesterday and found two more amber and one Anchorglass View attachment 204106green glass Packie, these seam to be much harder to come by, at least around me, here's the three I found yesterday.
There are clear amber or yellow from that era too in other country(s). Considering the bottles you have in same shape and colors there might to be similar in USA. It's a rare color to me but I guess if you look for it well you'll find some staff.Al

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown