What A ACL Find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sodapops

Reaction score
I love collecting Oklahoma bottles, I love the thrill of the hunt and finding that special bottle I didn’t have. Territory hutch’s & crown tops are nice, but Oklahoma ACL’s (Applied Color Label) are my first love. They are colorful and in recent years have become a little expensive. A rare Oklahoma ACL can cost as much as a good territory hutch. Now while my collection is far from being the best in town, it’s not the worst either. Now I am very proud of my ACL collection now over 1000 bottles and spread all over my restaurant. Of all my bottles I am especially proud of my Oklahoma ACL’s. Just when you think your collection is complete, comes another version you didn’t and must have. Well that where my story starts. I was checking my e-mail as I do daily when I received an e-mail from my fellow bottle collecting friend James Cobb from Wagoner simply stating “Look what I found today†with pictures attached. Well after opening the pictures and picking up my lower lip off the ground I proceeded to call Mr. Cobb to get the full story. You see he had found and acquired one of rarest Oklahoma ACL’s out there. One that has eluded me and other collectors for years. Now thanks to his perseverance Mr. Cobb is now the proud owner of a whopping 12oz “Big Bottle†from Stigler, OK. Now with the one he now has, brings the total of this elusive bottle to an out standing “3â€. Yes three are now known to exist. It seems a farmer was going to tear down a barn found the bottle and called Mr. Cobb from a paper ad he had placed. And the rest is bottle collecting history to forever to be told at bottle shows for many years to come. Congratulations to you James, and my I say in all warmest sincerity. You got yours it’s MY turn now! [:D]

96008A2075D2448C92C6B9766528642B.jpg

Attachments

• 96008A2075D2448C92C6B9766528642B.jpg
    96008A2075D2448C92C6B9766528642B.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member