What a Waste

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi to anyone who is interested,

I must admit that I really enjoyed the UK site as the bottles found in Australia are mostly made in the UK. As far as their rules and regs go, I can understand their point as it was a privately funded site, but perhaps they went a little too far with the restrictions on access. It is sad to see it close as it had the potential to be something special.

Australia does not suffer from the bickering that seems to pervade the hobby in the UK. All the collectors I have met or contacted here in Oz have been more than happy to help me out, some have really gone out of their way to assist me. This US site seems to be very much the same as some members seem to spend a great deal of their time assisting other members. I guess that is what it is all about isn't it, promoting the hobby and helping those with less experience and knowledge.

It is a pity the Brits couldn't bury their differences and just enjoy and use the site to its potential.

Cheers Alan

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Well said Alan. This forum does seem to run very smooth. Of coarse as mere members, we have no idea the headaches our Admin. and Mods. have to put up with. I'm sure that behind the scenes, they probably want to pull their hair out sometimes.[;)] This is a great forum and I hope it's around in 20 more years when I retire so I'll have something to do when I'm not digging![:D] Happy Diggin, Kelley

Tandy

Reaction score

[:)] Hi guys,
some of the members of the UK site have joined another forum, the URL being http://p214.ezboard.com/bbottlecollecting28128

So far, about five members. Wish them luck!

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Bloody DECENT of you Roger to set up a forum for ex-bottledigging.co.uk members! I hope your benevolence is repaid tenfold!

KAT

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey kumtow, this is more a UK than a US site as the owner/Admin is from England [:)] , it is a true international forum now though with members from almost every country where anyone collects bottles (correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we have any members from Russia or China, I know there is at least one collector in Russia (submits the odd story to the BBR) and an Aussie collector living in China).

Welcome to the forum for everyone from the bottledigging.co.uk forums, sorry to see you site fold [:eek:] .

earlyglasscollector

Reaction score
Hello ex bottle digging friends, [:D]
Earlyglass back on line with this site, and hopefully everyone involved in the last one will rise phoenix like and create an even better forum. I must admit I did try to log on the other but got some problem. This one seemed to work a lot easier, so I guess that this one may get more popular.
I expect the same efforts to abuse and mess things up for the majority will be tried with this, but this time people will be ready for them![:mad:]
Interesting about Kumtow's comments (I think it was) re antipodean good nature among bottle people. I'm sure he is right, from my own experiences of dealing with collectors worldwide, it only seems to be us Brits, the "whinging Poms" to quote a phrase who seem to wallow in jealousy and back stabbing.
Anyway, am starting to go on too much...
Over to someone else[&o]
Earlyglasscollector

Tandy

Reaction score

Bollocks77

Welcome to the forum Dave, its good to have you "on board". You will probably recognise my "name" from the bottledigging.co.uk site.

I have found that being in both forums has its advantages for me.

Anyway, welcome to this forum!

kumtow

Reaction score
Hi All,
Well.... Bottledigging.co.uk seems to be up and running again with a new administrator and a slightly new look. Previous members need to re-register and all previous posts have been deleted. Starting afresh and willing to give it another go. Good on them. I have re-registered as I enjoyed the site immensely. Maybe they could use more international support to dilute the attitudes that hamstrung the first attempt. So c'mon guys, get in there.
Hey Irish, thanx for your correction to my earlier comment about this site being a USA site. I presumed it was a USA site as most threads/posts are from USA collectors about USA bottles. My mistake and I stand humbly corrected[:)].

Cheers Alan

PS. Great to see Nevthedigger, earlyglasscollector and bollocks77 have joined this site. Welcome guys and I hope you get as much out of this site as I do. I hope more members of bottledigging.co.uk join up here and get involved.

Hey, I've just become a Super Member.....wow[:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey