what are these bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

m1ike

Reaction score
But still, what would the original contents be and what label would be on them

LisaTammy

Reaction score
The square one intrigues me a bit because of the unevenness of the glass, one corner looks very thin and the others thick. I'm always picking up these "unusual" looking bottles. Bring them home look them up on the computer and eventually when I get too many, toss them in the recyceler.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Lisa, I use them as art with a purpose: to keep my box turtle out of my flowers! She knocks them over, so it's not perfect, but the bigger, deeper ones work. :D Got a garden needing a decorative fence? There ya' go.

sunrunner

Reaction score
the large one looks like a wison oil.the skinny one looks to be meat extract.the square one most likely a hair tonic and the little one may have healed a cleaning fluid.all with paper or tinfoil labels.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well all I can contribute is the fact that if there are vertical seam lines on the threaded top - the glass was formed on an Automatic Bottle Machine = and of little value to serious hand blown bottle people. The machine made bottles were for selling the contents - an didn't show much craft. Some bottles are being made on modern glass machines today at over 700 per minute. The only thing I can say, is "ONLY THE BEST COMES IN GLASS". and I have that sticker on the back of my car, after working in the bottle industry for all most forty years. RED Matthews

Bert DeWitt

Reaction score
LB-LongBeach-mark-300x264.jpg
[ul][*]LB ………………..Long Beach Glass Company, Long Beach, California (1920-1933). This mark appears in the form of a large “L” with a smaller “B” sitting in the “lap” of the L. Thanks to Glenn Pavlovic for the picture of this mark![/ul]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson