What are these?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
I think maybe welddigger is right on the money, they could be whimsey's.
Often the glassblower would have a blob left over at lunch time and to clear the stem they would make all kinds of whimsey's, marbles, eggs, canes, paperweights etc, etc.

huffmnd

Reaction score
I agree I believe that they are some type of whimsey or end of the day item but I am just trying to find out for sure. Are there any marble collectors out there?

Road Dog

Reaction score
Not! There is more crap on Ebay than a Carolina Hog Farm. Worst place you can resort to to get an I.D. These are new ,modern glass from China.

Reaction score
They could be sock darning eggs. They were slipped inside the sock to let the darner repair the hole.

bottlecol345

Reaction score
Those look like some kind of decorative egg used on Easter. Those sometime turn up in Bottle dumps...

grugirl

Reaction score
Geez, I kept reading this post thinking.. someone else say it.. I don't want to. I don't want to be inappropriate here or get kicked off but...

If they are Asian made, the chance is pretty good they could be some type of ben-wa balls. Some were elongated instead of simply circular like a round marble.
The fact that you found several together also makes me wonder if I could be correct. Usually, several of slightly different sizes were used together connected by a string.
They were used for both sexual stimulation or exercising to strengthen the kegel muscle

grugirl

Reaction score
Here is a good site for explaining their use and examples that looks to be like these only made of jade instead.
Notice the shape and sizes as well for comparison purposes.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty