What is this deal?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Pettydigger

Reaction score
I dug this in a turn of century dump a few years ago. It is made of concrete, I think[8|] it is flat on the bottom and has several different colors of crunched up glass embedded in it.Size is about 7 inhes wide and 3 inches tall. Has anyone got an idea? I have it as a part of my rock garden, I thought it was worth bringing home. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks. Pettydigger

Us55245.jpg

Attachments

• Us55245.jpg
    Us55245.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 84

ronvae

Reaction score
I think you are putting it to its intended use. I have made garden decorations like that with little kids: You get a disposable tin of some sort, line the bottom with broken glass, or mirrors, or shells, then pour quik-crete in, leave it sit for a couple of days, & pop it out. I'm sure they had something along the lines of a quik-crete recipe at the turn of the century, & somebody wanted to design their own rock-garden accents, and with your impeccable taste, you instinctively knew where to put it a hundred years later. [;)]

flasherr

Reaction score
It looks like they might have taken an old cake pan/mold and stretched it out and used it as a mold. Could it be a paperweight? or maybe used in an old rock garden.
Brian

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi pettydigger, on my mother's house the blocks that are on the porch and colum's have pieces of colored glass on it. i think her house was built in the 30's. your find was made by some one very creative. nice, rhona

Pettydigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys all, I was thinking like an ornament for the yard or garden but it was hard for me to imagine a family back then having such a decorative thing for their yard. Does anyone else think it would be really neat to go back in time to around 1890 and live? I can just picture the stores with the bottles and crockery, the horse drawn buggies and.....O.K. I'm rambling people, sorry[:D] Anyway it does add a nice touch to my modern day rock garden, alot of people ask me what it is when they see it. Pettydigger

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles