What is this? Reco Cobalt glass cover

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

div2roty

Reaction score
Does anybody know what this? It is cobalt, marked Reco on the outside and it has some wire clips on the inside. It is threaded, like it was used to cover something? Did it cover a light bulb? It was $3 at a flea market, and even though I have no idea what it is, I bought it anyway.

110110.jpg

110120.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Looks like it's a light bulb cover, not that it was called that, I just don't know how to say it, but.. you know.. yah, code blue.. [8|]

div2roty

Reaction score
Looks like it's a light bulb cover, not that it was called that, I just don't know how to say it, but.. you know.. yah, code blue..

Do you think it is a light bulb cover off of something specific, like a car or machine? I'm hoping it is off something that people would actually want to restore or would need this one to replace theirs.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Matt,

I think you may have a good one there. I first thought it might be a flame tip for a christmas light, but after a little lookin around, I think it is an Acorn Christmas Light. Might be worth a bit, too, to the right collector.

Please see this monograph on Christmas Lights and Other Related Candle Lamps, by J.F. Madsen, 1940, Notes & Drawings assembled by his Nephew, Lloyd J. Graham, May 15, 1998. Check page 17, items 11, and 11a.

Peter_Lorre.jpg

PS along with the pertinent information, there is some tantilizing information about early Stiegel and Sandwich pieces.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229