WHAT IS THIS?????????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFO ON THIS BOTTLE,OR TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND INFO ON BOTTLES FOR MYSELF???IVE BEEN COLLECTING THEM FOR A WHILE,BUT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM,JUST KNOW WHAT I LIKE...ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT...
I STILL HAS CORK IN IT..
Nl30064.jpg

Attachments

• Nl30064.jpg
    Nl30064.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 73

KentOhio

Reaction score
You've come to the right place. That looks like a really good one at first glance. My initial impression is that it's a bottle from Zanesville, Ohio, probably 1820's or 1830's. The lip looks really unusual though. Could you take a close-up picture of it? A picture of the base would help too, and if you count the number of ribs it will help us know more about it.

stefan

Reaction score
Hello Jack: Pretty bottle. Not that I am any sort of expert, but I believe the bottom mark is by the Owens Glass Co. The "4" stands for the plant number, in this case Clarksburg, West Virginia, and the 9 is a date code. The plant ran from 1930-1944, so the date code might reference 1939. the "5" is a mold detail code that I know nothing about.

If it turns out that I am completely wrong, someone more knowledgeable from this great forum will straighten us both out.

Stefan

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Its hard to tell from the photo but there are some big machine made jugs that I see around that look a lot like that one. i think they had a cap originally and not a cork.
Does the seam go all the way to the top?
i think the ones i am thinking of held fruit juice or similar bev.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
hmm.. that's odd , it does look like a 20th century Owens mark.
http://www.myinsulators.com/glass-factories/bottlemarks.html

A close up of the lip might help some.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I agree about the Owens.
The size brings to mind a lamp. Often they were drilled for the cord but not always. The cork may have just beed put in there to keep the dust out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583