What to offer?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nargo

Reaction score
I got a lead from a friend about someone who has bottles in their garage,so I gave them a call...the lady told me they are down sizing and want to get rid of stuff like a garage sale soon.....she told me I can come over next week and look at the bottles..she said she has "some" medicines and "alot" of milk bottles...she said they have sets of milks in the original cases.

I don't know how old they are,and I'm a bit of a novice however I do want them regardless......what would you guys offer?...per bottle? the whole collection?
Thanks

cyberdigger

Reaction score
$20.. after all, you have to do the hauling...

swizzle

Reaction score
I just bought over 300 bottles for $20, took out 20 of the ones that I wanted and sold over 300 less then an hour later for $20. So I'd say $20 but that's me. Swiz

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
All depends on what is there.. when you buy in quanity the price has to be resonable.. I would be intrested In NJ milk bottles if you get some.. Or if you think she wants to much I still maybe interested depends on what they are ..

David Fertig

Reaction score
A number of years back I was the first caller to look at a garage full of bottles. The owner worked on a construction site that used to be the old city dump. He would pick up bottles - mostly milks, during lunch and fill his trunk. Wanted $5 each. I offered to make a pile of $5, a pile of $3 and a pile of $1 bottles and basically clean them out. My reasoning to them was that this would be better then other people coming and taking up an hour of their time only to buy one or two bottles and then they would be stuck with the left overs.

My real motive was to get the bottles that they only had one or two of and "had decided to start a collection" with.

The first time I filled my truck and they ended up with about $1200. The other bottles we not for sale for even $75 each. BUT... anyone else who called about the ad would be told that someone came and bought all the bottles.

A year passed and I got a call - do I still collect bottles and was I interested in the ones I had wanted that weren't for sale? I think I was still on the phone when I hopped in the truck. $1300 later, I had the bottles I had wanted the first time.

So, what's my point? For $2500 I got a lot of junk bottles that I hope to get my $1-5 out of someday. But, I also got some one known local milks and some other really rare ones. Around here milks are hot. We have a decent amount of local collectors how will drop multiple hundreds on one bottle. Of course there are tons of bottles that I can't hardly give away either. It takes years to know (or make a good guess) which is which. I've drug a lot of junk home that I paid good money for and I have a lot of good bottles that I bought cheap. If they seem reasonable to you, and you have the $, buy them. You gotta learn somehow. Just remember, piano lessons cost money, movies cost money, dinner costs money. But at the end of the day, at least you have a glass bottle that you can throw against the wall and say, "I paid how much for this?!?!"

Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie