What was Cinco-Cola?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Duane73

Reaction score
I can't tell you anything about Cinco-Cola but I can tell you a little about the opener..It is a B-14 Vaughan's "Special Pocket Bottle Opener". The opener style is pretty common but the Advertising is not...In my soda advertising opener price guide 86 different B-14's are listed..Cinco-Cola is not one of them...Matter of fact I did not find it listed under any opener style...

SPB... Is that your opener? That is a B-22 and a good one..Those usually go for 75-100 bucks..

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
D-73

The opener is not mine. I 'borrowed' the photo from the internet. Plus I've given up the search for "Cinco-Cola." All I keep coming up with on Google is the Mexico holiday, "Cinco De Mayo."

SODA"PEDRO"BOB [:D]

judu

Reaction score
as far as cinco cola goes, i was told that it was only bottled in greenville sc.........ive been told that by several people, although one collector told me he thought it was bottled elsewhere too. maybe columbia.......im almost positive that it was only bottled here in greenville sc. the bottles are hard to come by because the company was so short lived........

celerycola

Reaction score
Cinco Syrup & Fountain Company was incorporated July 7, 1916, with Capital Stock of $100,000.00. S. S. Crittenden, Jr., was president and N. J. Haden was secretary. They appeared in the records through 1921 so they were in business at least five years.

No historical information appears in Paul Jeter's book South Carolina Beverage Bottles.

Duane73

Reaction score
Morb...

I picked up the one I have from Amazon.com got a great priced on it.....The title is "Soda Advertising Openers" by Donald A. Bull and John R Stanley..It came out around 2000...Great book for references because each type of opener has a photo example..In the back of the book is the price guide..Each type of opener is listed with all known advertisments also listed..Thats not saying others do not exist because I have a couple that are not listed in the book...

Duane73

Reaction score
Here is a page from the guide with the B-14 listings 26 more on the other page..

Says file is too large...Sorry

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: celerycola

Cinco Syrup & Fountain Company was incorporated July 7, 1916, with Capital Stock of $100,000.00. S. S. Crittenden, Jr., was president and N. J. Haden was secretary. They appeared in the records through 1921 so they were in business at least five years.

No historical information appears in Paul Jeter's book South Carolina Beverage Bottles.

Sounds like another that slipped under the radar for the most part. I'm still wondering how a Bristol resident wound up with an opener from the company. We may never truly know. Thanks for the info guys.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
D-73

As a future reference, try resizing your gallery photos to about 600 and that should be about the right size for posting here. I use "Windows Live Photo Gallery" myself, and have never had a problem with 600 to 650 sizing. (However, other photo editing galleries may require different options).

SPBOB

Duane73

Reaction score
I will try to figure it out...Until here is a direct link.....https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/DuaneG/11-29-12.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583