What would happen?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottle tumbler

Reaction score
sure we like any one who likes bottles, I mixed ammonia and clorox one day to clean the floor. my big tip I did something wrong was my dog started sneezing and my brain started shutting down and I had to go outside to catch my breath, Hey I thought I would clean the floor and surprise the wife, what a surprise that would have been. come home for lunch and find me dead. I almost gave her my insurance money.
The only reason I mixed it like that was because my dad made me do it that way when I was younger and he owned a restaurant to wash the kitchen floor. It accured to me that day, My dad was trying to kill me or fry my brain, hahaha, the brain part might be true.
it's jaust a bad idea to mix any thing like that.

rick

diggermeister

Reaction score
It's really not a matter of like or dislike. We Just want everyone to know how dangerous it can be to mix chemicals.
ANYTHING with chlorine (bleach) in it should be left to clean on it's own. Chlorine by itself is a potintially deadly poison. When mixed with only a very small amount of amonia, for instance, a gas is created (amonium-chloride) that will burn your lungs and can cause lifetime scaring [X(]. And, if inhaled deeply only a couple of times, it can kill [:eek:].
If the bottle is stained so badly that it won't come clean; get it tumbled.
Right, Rick [8|]...

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
be ready to get chemical burns since your mixing acids,it could permintly dmg your lungs also!
...take all above post for real!!!!!!,very very bad idea to mix!.....

try using CLR and BB's........,or ask one of the guys who offer a tumbling service......

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
when people say birdshot is that the same as bbs for a bb gun? i dont understand how that system of cleaning works, either...please explain

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Place a small amount of BBs or birdshot or the smaller aquarium gravels and a little soapy water in the bottle and gently swish it around and back & forth,,,,this removes lots of dirt,etc you can't always get with a brush.

IRISH

Reaction score
For anyone who's interested (or thinking about mixing cleaning agents) do a google search for "elemental Chlorine" or "Chlorine gas" as that's the stuff you will get if you mix the wrong things, not good for your health at all [;)] .

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
Razor yes its the same as BB's for a BB gun,Bird shot is what you use in your shotty Bird shot/shells,but bird shot unlike BB's come in differnt sizes,and sometimes the shot is to heavy for the glass and scratching occurs on the inside.......use BB's......

But try all of these bottle nuts "myself included..lol" tips/ideas,.........ya never know what will work!.....
But dont mix chems.....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1