What would happen?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Hey all what would happen if I mixed CLR, Lime Away, Bar Keepers Freind, and Bleach together? wouldnt that be a great combination or would it just kill me[sm=lol.gif]

diggermeister

Reaction score
TERRIBLE IDEA!!!

Just a couple of breaths could KILL you! [:eek:][:-][:'(][&o][:(] That's probably why they put on the containers, "NEVER MIX HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS"...

Tony14

Reaction score
I almost died earlier this year from mixing bleach and vinegar together. I learned my lesson the hard way. I didn't die but it left me with burning in the lungs every time I took a breath.

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
yikes! i just had hear stories of people mixing them together anyways and that sometimes it works really well

diggermeister

Reaction score
I've heard stories of people playing "Russian~ Roulette" (spelling?) too. And, That works really well; at making somebody DEAD [&:]

Pettydigger

Reaction score
What guys, I don't have any reason not to like you RazorsEdge, I don't even know you. I think the guys in this particular thread are trying to do is keep you from getting hurt[;)] I myself have mixed alot of different chemicals before, some have very bad results. Muratic acid alone is nasty to smell and will smoke giving off nasty fumes that takes your breath away! Just use your best judgement on "cleaning" your bottles if good old soap and water and steel wool and a good set of bottle brushes don't do the trick, you probably will not have much better results with all the household/non-household chemicals. Just my opinion.

P.S. Is RazorsEdge any way linked to being a AC/DC fan?

Pettydigger

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
[:D]no but you wouldnt beleive the amount of people who have asked me that question...

bearswede

Reaction score
If we didn't like you, RE, we wouldn't have bothered to point out the peril along the path on which you were so determined to travel... mixing chemicals without knowledge of consequences is very much like Russian Roulette... Even seemingly natural applications or combinations can prove toxic...

Several years ago, I wanted to eliminate the maggots that had taken over the dumpster used by my employer... I grabbed a bottle of bleach and poured it into the dumpster... A huge cloud arose into the air... Luckily, I was far enough away so that it dissipated before any damage could be done... I had created a deadly gas by mixing bleach with ammonia (the natural by-product of maggot waste)...

Enuff said...I hope---

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1