What year did Coca Cola stop listing states on bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello all, I was looking through some crates of 16 oz. Coke bottles return for deposit. I noticed that on the bottom of each bottle they have the City and State embossed. Then I found some bottles just like them with no City or State! Was it common for Coke to do this on the return for deposit 16 oz. bottles in the 70's ? I have 16 Coke bottles like the one I am going to add a picture of from various Cities and States if anyone is interested in one or all ? Thanks for any information you may have to add. Thanks Kevin.. This bottle is from Defiance, Ohio

Attachments

• 7251b70d93194787b6ac53b6bcfb90e7.jpg
    7251b70d93194787b6ac53b6bcfb90e7.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 57

zecritr

Reaction score
those are cool,from what i heard they only did some with the city,state in the 70's,those all seem to be small letter bottoms and thinner glass,while the ones from the 50's and older are in thick bottles and bigger letters.I wouldn't mind the bottoms,i use them for stuff i make [:D] but just had a tire emergency so my funds just dried up for a month or so

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
That's why I asked this question !! I have not seen that many 70's Coke bottles with the State and City embossed on the bottom of the bottles. I will add a list of Cities and States if anyone is interested for CHEAP !! let me know if I need to make a list! Thanks and zecitr if you want them send me a PM and I will hold them till you get straight.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4