Whats a good price for this:

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MrSchulz

IowaBottles
Reaction score
I threw a bid on this, but am having second thoughts though. Is this a straight sided coke or just a bottle from the bottling co? And whats a good price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321094263460?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

zecritr

Reaction score
What he said lol, looks like a good bid for you at the moment with those condition issues

sunrunner

Reaction score
cokes seem to be subject to local colletor,with stratsides,localbottles will get more money,then the same age bottle from an other state.i live in ga.ther hard nosed whan it comes to coke bottles.

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
I would not spend $.50 of that bottle .. any broken common is essentially worthless .. I saw that bottle on ebay for the past 3 weeks ..

To put things into perspective a minty one of the same bottle sold for $35 a few months back.

I'm all about collecting IL ss Cokes but this would just be an eyesore in my collection.. the circle case ware alone is a deal breaker not to mention the base is F#@&ed!

zecritr

Reaction score
Beuty is in the eye of the beholder :)

so did you win it? see it sold fr 16.95

Plumbata

Reaction score
Uncle Jarvis put it rather harsh, but it was not directed against you; rather the seller and extremely crappy description and inadequate pictures. I'd sell you one in far far better condition with no cracks/chips for 20 shipped. Dug it myself too. Coke experts are better equipped to respond but I dig them in dumps dating up to the late 20s and they seem to have been used along with the 1915 (and I think christmas) hobbleskirts at the same time. Or dumped simultaneously, anyway. Purdy common. The seller did misrepresent the item; a bruise shouldn't extend from the external to internal surfaces of the bottle and travel a great distance, then get filled with such a quantity of rust. "Light scaling and casewear" is also extremely misleading. That is by far the most beat ABM peoria SS coke i've ever seen, and has more problems than every single one I've dug, combined, and then multiplied. I ain't exaggerating either. These were made with decent glass and should not look like this. Not trying to make you feel bad personally, it's just that the seller was grossly negligent and took advantage of an enthusiastic collector. I'd try to get a full refund from them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1