What's so special about this Huntingdon PA soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mike O

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220576505434&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This is a really nice condition iron pontiled sode from Fredrik List Huntingdon PA. But I don't understand wht it is going up so fast on Ebay?

jays emporium

Reaction score
Great condition, pontil, nice color, maybe a rare town. Anyway there are 3 bidders over $300. so they must know something about it.

Mike O

Reaction score
It's not my bottle, I do know the seller and he has taking it to a few shows and had zero interest so it seems kind of strange that it is going up so fast and so high. Being that it is a PA bottle and there are a lot of PA guys here I was just curious.

jays emporium

Reaction score
he has taking it to a few shows and had zero interest

Just goes to show ebay is the place to get exposure on your rare bottles. How many people would see at at a show? A few hundred at most. On ebay it is there for the whole world to see. Looks like the right people have found it now.

Mike O

Reaction score
Over $500.00 now 23 bids and looks like 2 guys are in a battle for it ?

jays emporium

Reaction score
Sold for $860. with 3 bidders over $500. What would he have sold it for if someone had made an offer at a show? Hundred bucks?

Mike O

Reaction score
I think he had a $300.00 price tag on it at 3 different shows including Baltimore

jays emporium

Reaction score
I guess there were 3 people in the world who really wanted that bottle and they were not at those shows. Congrats to your friend for getting a great price for a great bottle.

Jim

Reaction score
It is a very rare soda, indeed. Huntingdon is about 40 minutes from where I live. Squat sodas of any kind from this immediate area (Mifflin, Juniata, Centre, Huntingdon counties) are all extremely rare and almost impossible to find. Whenever one becomes available, the competition from us crazy locals is intense.

I thought about bidding on this bottle, as it is semi-local to me. There are only two known Lewistown squats, and I have them both, so my interests are creeping out to the neighboring counties. I decided to hold off on it (would have lost anyway with the $600 I was going to bid!), but if it had "Lewistown" in place of "Huntingdon", it may have gone to four digits with me in the mix [;)]. ~Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583