I hoped to find this "Giving Works" right up front in ebay but....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggerdirect

Reaction score
If eBay &/or Paypal matched it, or at the least took it off the top BEFORE their 12.9+% of sale price and of shipping fees I'd gladly subscribe to that program, as it stands they don't. I prefer to make a donation at the end of each calendar year myself, dividing it up into several organizations both local & national. Some say this 'program' increases the sale price of the items (especially eBay's marketing analysts) but I just don't see it, atleast in the collectibles categories, but kudos to those who do it!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I was VERY skeptical to start and more so now since the help files on ebay and paypal are both lousy. I just thought I'd try. During my test period I think that the <5% collection that paypal stated doesn't include the 30 cent transaction fee. I made a $1 donation on checkout for a purchase and it shows as a separate transaction on my CC. I can't see if it was another 30 cents from PP or not. If they did it's a much bigger chunk than 5%. I'm thinking there's some creative book keeping going on.I'm still trying to figure out what's going to happen with this sale. ebay says it will take about 24 hrs to show. I did get 22 cents off the FV fee for it. I don't have a clue what's going to happen next.

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Other than the fees fees fees its a good program, for good cause, and money those organizations might otherwise not get. Please keep us informed how the transaction unfolds. Al

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I may never know Al.If they build up quarterly or a minimum of XXX dollars than the 30 cents won't matter much. If they release per donation that yes, it a bigger cut of my shown $1.65. I can't be on the receiving end to see.It's all sketchy with no real way to tell. I'm sure a check written is better but your right, it doesn't hurt.The part I do know is ebay took 22 cents off the final value fee. That almost covered the FV on the shipping part. [:D]The old Mission Fish grabbed 10-40% of the top depending what the sale or donation was, I don't remember. It was 10% for more, 40% for less on a graduating scale thing.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2