What's your Occupation?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
And moved on to this---------->

OT.[:D]

Ki20164.jpg

Attachments

• Ki20164.jpg
    Ki20164.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 89

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi All! It's good to be back[:)] I just returned from my son's wedding in Montana, and came across this thread...Well, I'm 51 years on earth, have had several 'career metmophesis' in the past 30+ years, but always seem to return to sales related occupations. Some say I'm wasting 5+ years of college, but tried the medical research field, hated it, tried the management scene several times, hated it, retail sales; hated it; finally, for the past 15 years have been involved in the alarm system industry in one form or another. Although I'm not really crazy about it, I have had very good success designing and selling fire, security, cctv, access control systems to commercial, industrial, educational and medical firms and institutions. Would love to be in business for myself someday when I grow up. [:D] Maybe I can create a dynasty on e-bay - Norm's Bottles & Marbles & Stuff[8D]

Pontiled

Reaction score
Well, I went to college for electrical engineering, joined the Government (Classified), served in the U.S.A.F., went to the U.S. Bureau of Mines as, believe it or not, an editor and edited, wrote or co-wrote books and other publications, and retired. During most of that time, I was also and archaeologist, wrote more books and articles, began digging bottles in the mid-1960's, collected coins and Civil War relics and some from the Colonial period, and now I've had a stroke so I can't do much digging for a while.

I'm having a ball communicating with you all!

We won't talk about Vietnam or my B-52 experience.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Well I am a 44 year old Husband and Father of 3 who has been in Carpentry and Residential building work of some sorts all my life . I'm a Residential Building Contractor in the State of Tennessee. I come from a long line of Carpenters....My Great Grandfather , and Grandfather both Builders in New York State. And my Father who is still a liscence Building Contractor in the States of Florida and Tennessee. My Uncle who also holds a current Contractor liscence in TN. So , I guess I sort of inherited being a carpenter much in like the same way I inherited the Old Bottle addiction ! [:D]

woody

Reaction score
My Father was in the USAF when I was a child, E8, Senior Master Sargent, EOD.
We traveled a bit.
I was a Sargent, E5, in the USMC, Marine Band, drummer.
I've been playing the drum set for 38 years, I'm 48, and I work in a Hardware store,
retail sales, and play in a 6 piece Rhythm and Blues band.
My spare time, besides the winter, is spent looking for old dumpsites.
I've found quite a few over the years,

Bluebelle

Reaction score
It is so great to be in the company of such fascinating people! I'm retired, my age is buried somewhere on the forum on another post, was in health admin for the 13 years prior, before that, I "used to be a psychologist but I got over it." I do taxes for HRB in season. Live in the Southwest - can't really "dig" here, the ghost towns are too isolated for me at this stage, but - don't tell - I did sneak home some potsherds once. I sure get a lot of kicks hearing about all your finds. Past digging in Pittsburgh area, western Maryland. Other than that, I swim just about daily for exercise, read mysteries, wish I could find a part time job for non tax season that doesn't involve schlepping carts at W-mart, and try to keep the 15 1/2 year old cat alive.

bigkitty53

Reaction score
I'm a carpenter by trade(3rd generation) but ended up working in hospitality for 17 years.When I 'retired' from that I found my arthritis wasn't going to let me resume carpentry again full-time.So nowadays I'm a decorative painter whose clients also get him to do their woodwork,structual and masonry repairs!My partner and I are usually booked solid 3-6 months in advance so getting a dig or dive in might happen once a month-IF we're lucky!

Such is the price of success....[&:]

KAT

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm a male domestic engineer when I'm at home. [;)]I teach, train, and care for my -3 year old son. My wife is a nuero. RN, who only works 36 hour nights. When she takes my place here, I go out digging and or golfing. When I say golfing, I mean, Disc golf. I am a pro/open competition disc golfer. Yes, I throw professional Frisbee (brandname)[:-]. To get an idea of what I'm describing check out my page (link below) or go to: pdga.com

http://members.aol.com/meechuta/discgolf.html

I grew up in Ohio, joined the Marine Corps (0311-0331-8541...for Woody) and traveled a bit. I went to the Med., some of Europe and Honduras. Then I worked for many years as a commerical form carpenter (large city buildings), setting forms for concrete. This is how I came to notice bottles. I worked on a building downtown that was placed on a large victorian dump. The large mounds of dirt were littered with bottles and different ones daily.

Nowdays, I do a little web design, dig and probe a lot and golf when the body is able. I can bring treasure home after a dig, but the real treasure is at home, my family. Also, I've had some tough jobs in the past, but caring for a child may be the hardest by far, but the most rewarding.

David E

Reaction score
I am 63 or four (hope3) did all kinds of jobs, even commercial fishing. Worked for Uncle Sam to as he needed me and I couldn't say no (go to jail) so I was in the army Military Police, left after three years and having made three strips. Liked that so well so changed uniforms to Police Officer. And retired as Detective. But not much fun not being able to dig anymore, I was just getting started when my health said no. So I really enjoy this site and still love to investigate the mysteries. For a hobby I lose money at selling antiques (Mostly glass).
Thank You guys and Admin for the site, oh almost forgot and girls (don't need no trouble)
David E

Rrey199

Reaction score
Hi all. Well I'm a father of 3 boys just like me[:mad:] I'm almost 35, spent 12 years as a paramedic and switched to HVAC technician for the past 6 years. I've been a landscaper, a medic, firefighter, carpenter, property manager, writer, trainer, and probably other things I've forgotten. I spend most of my day driving and banging around in basements and attics now. It takes me longer to get places if theres and old foundation nearby, and I ain't gonna change.[:D]

Having ADD is never being bored.

I've been working on a book about procrastination for 35 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28