wheaton bottle help needed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kabi958

Reaction score
I bought a wheaton bottle at a thrift store yesterday. It is 8" tall, it is amber colored. It says Staubmullers Elixer Tree of life since 1880 whith and engraved tree on the front. On the back it is engraved Nector of the golden life of health and vitality. the bottom says wheaton . it has a strange circle on the bottom also. I have looked this up all morning online and I see the exact bottle but all the bottoms say wheaton new jersery not just wheaton. and from what I read the reproductions have the new jersey added to to the wheaton mark when they made reproductions to tell that they were reproductions. Can anyone tell me anything about this bottle?
kathy

glass man

Reaction score
I have seen wheaton bottles since I started collecting in 1974. I have seen the bottle you have in different colors and sizes. If a bottle says wheaton on the bottom , as far as I know it is always fairly new.[made in the 70's or so,always machine made as the seam goes through the top ] I have had a lot of wheaton bottles over the years and have found a lot of cool ones! Such as a ruby red cathedral bottle! I have wondered if anyone only collects only wheatons? I think so. I would guess that a wheaton bottle should be worth under $10 as a rule ,but someone who knows a lot more about them, than I do, can tell you that. FOR me a bottle is worth what joy I get out of it!

bottlebuddy

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum kabi958, A good rule of thumb to go by is.....if it says Wheaton on the bottle it is a reproduction.

kabi958

Reaction score
thanks so much for the info. I figured it wasn't worth much it was in such good condition. [:)] I love reading this forum. Great information. I was excited to find it when i was googling the wheaton bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson