When it rains it POURS!!! I hate my car!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
I'll bet there's some kind of 'grafting' tape or something that you could find to bind that plant for the long haul?....I have mixed triumphs and defeats with transplants and stuff,...I rescued a "rose of sharon" tree from Penn Digger's wife (she was heading for it with a sawzall)[;)] It flowered last year, but even though i'm no expert, I think it might need another one to be pollinated? So far this year no blossams.... anyone know the answer to that one? It's been a good year for berrys here too, because of an early spring. Yours look great.

woodswalker

Reaction score
Looks like a great Berry patch....Our fields are scattered with black and raspberries...a few even are ripe already...time to make some jams and pies!!

And hope fully your rose bush can mend itself back together...it really is beautiful!! Just remember to take the rope off eventually or it will grow into it!!!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Congrats on your efforts, Whiskeyman. They say the more times you try, the more succesful you will be. Have you tried accupuncture to quit or even just help relieve stress? Sounds like a lot of crap happened this week. I'm sorry for the loss of your dog and the cat. I empathize. It seems like not a day goes by around here without a major event, as Joe pointed out. I just have to laugh, because someday, you or I will win the lottery or get our own bottle digging/cooking show and it will all be good (maybe)[:)]. I have a scrumptious, easy cobbler recipe for your blackberries, Whiskey. You'll sit down with that cobbler and just eat until your troubles melt away and all asleep before you remember to smoke!

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle_head9

I had a 1990 Jetta, real fun car to drive, but the parts a very expensive.Especially exhaust stuff.Good luck with it.[;)]

My first car was a Jetta, no power steering, and always made a squeaking sound too. I can't remember the year. It was used, of course. It was a diesel and one time my poor Mom accidentally put gas in it. She was very nice to let me drive her car a lot of times because I was a beginner and basically hated the Jetta.

swizzle

Reaction score
Blackberries and Whiskey? Sounds like a good recipe. [:)] Hey Whiskeyman. The first 2 weeks are hell and you will have a lot of triggers that make you think about smoking again. Learn what those triggers are so you can stop the subconscience thought process before it gets you. When I quit in 2001 I had quit for month and decided to go fishing. I would always set up my poles and then sit back on the bank and choke one cig down after another. I hadn't had an urge in a good couple of weeks at that point but once I sat down on the bank I started to look in my tackle box for cigs. Felt stupid when I knew they weren't there it was just a force of habit. I won't lie to you. Its tough as hell. The toughest thing I've ever done. But in the end its very rewarding. You can actually breath again. After about 6 months you should really start to feel a big difference. Just don't use food as a crutch. I'm still working on that part myself. Good luck and keep at it. Swiz

woodswalker

Reaction score
Hey Red I've already dealt with exhaust problems...thats another thing I'm pretty fired up about....That car has not one but TWO mufflers and cad converter...I had all of it replaced right after I got the car 2 and a half years ago....about $600 in parts and work. Now my tail pipe just rusted off and theres a huge hole in the back muffler.....Good thing I've got a good mechanic I guess. Its not that fun to drive...I wish it weren't a automatic but oh well....
I had a lifetime gaurantee but lost the papers...so Now I have to pay for it all over again...but it won't be the muffler man this time!!! I won't even take my car there to get the oil changed now!![:mad:] They think your dumb and don't know anything about cars cuz your a girl...maybe some don't but you aren't gonna fool me with that crap!![:-]

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: woodswalker

They think your dumb and don't know anything about cars cuz your a girl...maybe some don't but you aren't gonna fool me with that crap!![:-]

Yep, that has happened to myself and my Mom more times than I can count. Unless you have a man with you, or are a car expert, you can get easily screwed. That's the sad truth about car problems.

woodswalker

Reaction score
Half the stuff that gets done on my car I do myself...with a friend helping me, I like to learn so in case it ever happens again I can do it myself!
I'll never be one of those girls stranded on the side of the road because my tires flat!![8D] I don't like to have to depend on anyone to do anything for me. Mostly I'm the one helping everyone else and then when I need a favor no ones available!![&:]
Plus my mechanic's ex wife used to baby sit my little sister...so he knows the parents. It's always good to have connections!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75