where do I get your books

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wootten

Reaction score
I have so enjoyed my replies and have tried to help others also-can you tell me where to get the red book and what ever else you all research from? Should I try the library first or go to the book store or what? Thanks again-wendy

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
There's many different bottle books out there. Most common price guides like Kovel's can be found at just about every library and most chain bookstores. I would suggest going to media play, they'll have something. That's where I bought my first bottle book. There are several out-of-print ones from the 70's-early 80's which might also be found at the library or you might find some on half.com or ebay. I got a really nice early bottle book from 1973 at the library downtown. Check those places out.[:D]

Pontiled

Reaction score
Hi,

Well, I'm one author on this Forum. Although I have authored many books, one that is still available at a reduced price for Forum members is, as follows:

The Collector's Guide to Civil War Period Bottles and Jars --- Third Edition. It has 112 pages and includes such chapters as: Period of Transition; The glass industry and its products; survival rate; tips on digging Civcil War glass; and more. It also has estimated values for every category, arranged by category. The illustrations are numerous and photos are also included.

If you would like to have a copy, the price is $16.00 plus shipping of either $1.50 for Media Mail or $4.00 for Priority Mail.

The mailing address is:

Mike Russell
282 Abbott Crossing Lane
Henderson, N.C. 27537

This book is used by collectors, dealers, historians, museums, and so forth. I hope this helps you out.

wootten

Reaction score
another cool find -an author-of course I want your book-I guess I am a forum member? yipeeee
Can I send you a check? wendy

woody

Reaction score
Copies of the Red Book of Fruit Jars #9 may be ordered from:
Douglas M. Leybourne Jr.
P.O. Box 5417
North Muskegon, MI 49445
(231) 744-2003

Price per book: $35.00 Postpaid

I've got an autographed copy.[:D]

Pontiled

Reaction score
Wendy, of course you are a member! Your check should be just fine.

Thank you!

medbottle

Reaction score
People often sell books at bottle shows. The Baltimore Show is on March 6 this year. I need to expand my library as well, but when I see all of the "sparkelies" on the tables, its hard to do!

wootten

Reaction score
ok Mr. Russell-your check is on the way-thanks
and I found an old bottle book on ebay-called the Antique Bottle Collector 1966-so-what do you think-wendy

Pontiled

Reaction score
Medbottle, I'm supposed to be set up at the Baltimore show, if it doesn't snow. I will have some of the few books that I have left at the show (I am way below a full case left now). I look forward to seeing you there!

Wooten, Thanks for your order! Antique Bottle Collector has some interesting data on bottles and it will make you want some for your collection, it is 38 years old now, but it's still good information. Good luck!

wootten

Reaction score
good Mike-it is really crappy here in Salisbury-I hope that our thread spurred interest in your book! It has had over 80 hits- yipeeeee and I am so glad to have talked with you-wendy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey