Which Dr. Kilmer's bottles are rare?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I've never seen one as dark as that flask but they definately would stand out if placed next to an aqua one. I'm sure it wasnt intentional, just a questionable vat of glass. Maybe someone threw a dead cat in it that morning or something. When you collect something like Kilmers it great to get those odd colors. I collect demijohns and color is everthing with those things.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi GuntherHess !
Would you share a pic of some of your Demijohns ?
I like Demijohns and would love to see some pics ! They are so BIG it's hard to display them huh ?
Do you have a Cobalt or Sapphire Blue Demi ?
Thanks , Brian

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I've been trying to stick to the smaller 1 or 2 gallon ones that can be put in windows without a huge amount of space. The demijohns i have are all ones I have picked up locally at flea markets and antique malls. I started collecting them for several reasons... I could pick them up for $20 or less, most had the wicker still on them and its fun cause like Forrest's mother says 'you never know what you are going to get, I like the range of colors and the crude look of the glass. I havent found cobalt or sapphire yet. So far the colors are the more typical aqua, amber, citron, orange amber, emerald, teal, olive,
etc. I'll try to post some photos if I get a chance. If you want to see a REAL demijohn collector you will have to visit Harry Pristis' site...
http://members.aol.com/pristis/

NyDigger1

Reaction score
Let me break it down:

Ocean weed heart remedy:

Small with just embossing: Uncommon
Large With Heart and embossing: Very Rare

Swamp root kidney cure:

Small with just embossing: Common
Large with kidney and embossing: Common
Small sample: Common
Small sample ver 2, (2 inches taller): Common

Indian cough cure consumption oil:

Small with embossing: Rare
Large with lungs and embossing: Extremely Rare

Female Remedy:

Small size: Rare
Sample Size: Very Rare

U & O ointment:

Small Jar: Rare
Large Jar: Rare

Autumn Leaf Extract for Uterine Injection:

Small size: Rare

T J Kilmer (Dr kilmer's brother)

Any bottles: Rare

Thats it, i picked up a autumn leaf extract for $0.25 so thats why I saw this post =]

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Recently I had a discussion with an advanced Kilmer's collector about the 'Lung' bottles and the crazy price they bring when offered for sale. My thoughts were they had to be the top Kilmers other than rare colors, ect. He told me there are a couple others even more so.

A Dr. Kilmer's Oceanweed small round sample otherwise same as the K&L cure sample,

and a Dr. Kilmer's Complete Female Remedy (same as the ones we regularly find here with the large raised bar on the front panel except 'Complete' is embossed where the bar is.

Both these would, in his opinion, easily surpass a Lung bottle. I've never seen either of these, has anyone else?

Al

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tigue710

I just found an Autumn Leaf Extract I dug a while ago. Anyone know what they go for?
Paper Labeled example sold for $36.51 back in February Matt...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis