Who's diggin Central PA these days?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hbgpabottles

Reaction score
Hello everyone...brand new to this forum...I'm not sure where I've been all these years but sure glad I "stumbled" onto this site. Who's diggin the Central PA area these days? I'm tired of buying additions...lookin to get back at diggin my own H-burg stuff! Nice to be aboard...

Jim

Reaction score
It's always nice to see another central PA guy here. I'm in Lewistown, about 60 miles west of Harrisburg. We get a few Harrisburg beers and sodas here occasionally, but nothing really early yet. My only amber straight-sided Coke bottle is one from Harrisburg that I dug here. ~Jim

hbgpabottles

Reaction score
Hello Jim...my whole life I've all but lived at the Lewistown Fire Academy...can't tell ya how many times I've thought about diggin there...what do you collect? I'll keep ya in mind. Yes...I'm strictly HBG PA...love the "heavy wieghts" color variations and anything Felix or Buehler or whatever...let's git in a pit one of these days...

hbgpabottles

Reaction score
Jim...ok...I'm a little slow...missed your site link....great job....enjoy the reading...gives me some ideas!

pabottles

Reaction score
I'm with ya man.I live in the York area and would like to hook up with some
diggers in the area cuz it's been a while fer me .I used to live in Baltimore and there were woods down the street from where I lived just loaded with turn of the century area bottle dumps (mostly dug out now,alas) but I know there has to be places to dig in the central area around here.If not dig at least explore first get permission and then dig.What say ya'll ?

hbgpabottles

Reaction score
It's exciting to possibly get diggin again. I have some repros of maps and have access to maps so it's very doable. I know there is plenty of unexplored territory in H-burg. It's just going to take the necessary homework. Most of you couldn’t believe the discussions Mayor Reed and I had over diggin privies. He'd always "growl" those bottles you dig belong to the city and should be in the archives...NOT!

Might have some access to Carlisle as well...Lets Dig!

THE BADGER

Reaction score
whats upharrisburg,there should be tons of bottles burried around the river there,as for privies there is probably alot of abandoned city props.to dig if they are obtainable.the closest i've gotten to digging harrisburg was east of there up around raush gap in the woods.you are about an hour and a half from me im in allentown. THE BADGER(dave)

cobaltbot

Reaction score
I have a tiny crock from there, marked STEELE & FORTNEY/ HARRISBURG, PA that I'd like to find something out about.

hbgpabottles

Reaction score
I'll have to doa little research...I'm familiar with both names and it seems I've seen them used together...maybe like I've seen the piece you're talking about. Picture would be nice...I'll research.

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
hi mike,

welcome to the forum. great spot here with a lot of bottle knowledge. i'm always up for a road trip to meet other bottle diggers. i'm about 20 miles north of allentown. keep me in mind fella.

stick around.

jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward